I talked to a woman at the 592-9065 Nooksack Enforcement number. They transferred me to a man named Tree(?). He seemed interested in what I had to say and wrote down the location of the nets. He also indicated that they were hoping to do a "stream survey" from their jet boat in the next couple of days. It sounded like the purpose of that trip was a general look at the river and to see how it has changed since the last survey.

In regards to the nets, he said that he was unaware and that they have to wait for "windows of low water" to find and remove the nets. I told him that they've been exposed for weeks and that we've actually just gone through a giant window of low flows that are about to end. He said that his main problem is having staff and operations people to actually do the work.

All in all, he was courteous and seemed interested in fixing the problem but I have to say that it would be much better if they were proactive on their own. It would take someone with a knife about 4 minutes per location to fix the problem.

-AP