Mickey the Dam

Huntncoug's Blue the Sire hopefully

Just noticed Mickey is in heat and the timing is about perfect for pups.I have PMed Huntncoug the news as we have talked about breeding the the dogs before but I have not confirmed with him yet. I want both dogs looked at by a vet first and of coarse his blessing. I have homes for 2 pups now and would like to have homes for at least 2 or 3 more pups before I have her bread. Both dogs have good pedigrees but the pups will not be registered and an agreement that the pups will be fixed is part of the deal. I have always believed a dog should mature before being fixed but that doesn't need to be part of the deal. Mickey is an Indoor/outdoor family dog that loves everyone even cats and is very mellow. She was purchased for duck hunting. She retrieves, loves doing it but hasn't been formally trained and doesn't get to do it enough. She is very birdy, changes personality and is all business in the field. She also loves a fishing trip. First and foremost she is a constant companion. She goes to work with me almost everyday and spends a lot of time in my truck. I paid above average money for Mic because I wanted a quality, healthy dog.My hunting buddy owns her 3/4 brother Gunner. (same sire and dams sister)He has many of the same traits with a bit more energy. After hunting with that dog for the first hour of it's career with very little training I new I wanted a dog from the same lines and I wasn't disappointed. Although Gunner is a bit smaller(80ish) her Mom(over 90lbs) and dad(about 110) are big dogs and so is she. ( 90+) She has a big head, one of my favorite traits when I look for a lab and Its bigger than it appears in the pic. I am not looking for $$$ just good homes. Cost of the pups will cover shots dew claw removal for field dogs and normal vet bills incurred. If you really want a lab, have a good place for it and are low on funds talk to me. Don't BS me just talk to me. I am not doing this for money and know it will cost me more than what I get out of the pups. I don't want pups around without good homes. I do believe these are both very good dogs. Mickey's parents were Chocolate and Yellow. Any ?s please ask. I will ask Huntncoug to post about Blue here Too. If things go as planned the pups should be heading to their new homes about May 22nd.