Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
A couple of thoughts:

A chef at a lodge showed me a great method. He heats oven to 350, then breads the halibut , fries it VERY hot, waaaay to hot to allow complete cooking, when nicely browned on outside, but still not done toss in preheated oven till done. - About 145. Get an instant read thermometer to be certain of the temp.

Try my always great breading. Dip damp fish in seasoned flour, then in egg wash, then in well crumbled Tim's jalapeņo chips. Fry, enjoy. Simply marvelous.

To help keep breading from falling off while cooking, bread the fish an hour or so before cooking and store in fridge, it helps temper the breading.

Essentially that's how my better half does Butt and even steaks. Preheat oven to 350. Prepares halibut, we do a half & half mixture breading of Progresso Italian Cracker Crumbs and Parmesian cheese. High heat a stove top burner, put on a square cast iron fry pan, dab of REAL BUTTER, brown one side, flip halibut, and transfer to oven for finishing. Time is dependent on fillet thichness, Butt the ones we get from Costco are an inch thick and are usually done (internal thermometer temp of 130 - 140) in 15 minutes. The other fish breading we use for walleye, Butt, or even salmon, is equal parts of brown sugar and cajun blackening season. But be forewarned that receipe smokes a lot butt is very nummy.

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????