Larry, about 3 months for eggs. July or there about. One Way, if I stop moving, I get fat.

Got a lot done today, even after taking time out for Ryan's soccer game.

Made an industrial type watering system for the coop. 6 nipples cost me $12, and shipping was $11. Should have bought more. Also added linoluem flooring. It was free, but I tore that corner putting it in. One building skill I suck at.

There is a 5 gallon bucket that is the storage tank. I'll hook up a gutter to supply it with water later, and rig an overflow. I know, got sloppy with the glue. It'll hold.

Made a feeder out of a home depot bucket. Total cost was $3.24 for the bucket and $4.89 for the planter base. Had the sheet aluminum, so I made a cone, drilled some holes, and attached the planter base to the bucket. Add some feed and it works!

Now it is time for MTV chicken cribs since food and water were covered. Added some comfy pine shavings, so to the left is the watering station.....

...and to the right is the ladder to the loft and the feeder.

I covered up the nest box until I get that finished, and they are still about 15 weeks away from laying. Might as well keep it clean.

Taking a trip up the ladder leads you to the the executive roost/loft....

There is a removable linoleum sheet to catch the poop under the roost. Nice view of the property from there as well.

Moved the chicks in and then opened the auto door. That Barred Rock is the top hen, so she ventured out first. She's a real sweety, and likes to hang out on my lap.

After the lead hen said all was good to go, the rest followed suit and had a great time in the run.

I add the cover netting, permanent wiring, and electric fence tomorrow.

Edited by Dogfish (04/10/10 11:41 PM)

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.