Originally Posted By: 4Salt
Originally Posted By: goharley
Seems to me the banksters did a pretty good job of breaking this country without all those social programs.

A lot of the European Union countries too. What with Goldman Sachs sellin' 'em billions of dollars worth of allegedly AAA rated securities that they KNEW weren't worth the paper that they were written on. The financial derivative house of cards is what's got the world in recession right now.

Social programs aren't killing the Social-Democracies of Europe Hank... the "Global Economy" is.

Do you know WHY Reagan began the whole deficit spending policy?

Because the corporate cabal that pulled his Alzheimer's-addled strings knew that they couldn't do away with Social Security, Medicare and Welfare directly. The People would never stand for it. But they also knew that if they could run the deficits high enough... those programs would eventually have to be dealt with. Couple that with the Baby Boomer generation now reaching retirement age en masse... along with a bunch of financial fear-mongerin' and you now have the situation we are faced with today.

Lemme ask ya Hank... who REALLY benefits from "fiscal responsibility"?

I'll give you a hint... it ain't you or I or the vast majority of American citizens. wink

Yet you continue to scrub the scrotums of those who would just as soon see you livin' under a bridge somewhere once you reach your golden years.

So I gotta ask you Hank... WHY?

What's in it for you? huh

+100