isnt trolling a selective meathod .. i see several "commerical sportboats" behind the jetty at tillamook with three rods out "trolling around". they sell what they catch..

other than calling someone a "poo poo head" hows this. Realize the commericals ALWAYS get what they want See: "state to spend 1.9 million on ways to IMPROVE commerical catch rates and decrease impact rates all during budget decline"

do'nt yall get it?

Lets say the state DOES find a way to eliminate the commerical impact on native fish.. what do you think happens then.. THERE GOIING TO GET MORE DAYS TO FISH.. possibly all of them.

This thread, was way back when, started about the 1.9mill being spent to research commerical techniques and instead it turned into Lead bouncer, freespool, and auntyM talking about whos more irrelevant and whose ideas are the dumbest.

Look accept several facts.

the commericals will today, and in the near future, kick everyones but in political gamesmenship.

the tribes simply dont care, they get to kill anyhting and they sell everything to pacific seafood.

no-body cares about fish politics, they care about schools.

so my suggestion is to find a commerical give him a big hug and BEG him to push for increased hathcery funding. Take all that money you send to CCA, NSIA or PTA, and instead pick out your favorite canidate and include a copy of you holding a salmon and a 100 dollar bill, with the note "everytime i catch one of these ill send you one of these"

then in any order: VOTE, attend a ODFW/WDFW meeting, volunteer at a hatchey (many times), meet your STATE rep by walking into his office (they are small time they will meet you), and VOTE again.

at that point you'll be making a difference, and perhaps we can convince the DFW's to NOT spend 1.9 million on reasearch and instead grow extra fish..

cause honestly people, if there were 1 million chinook in the CR right now would anyone care about all this other stuff.. geesh.

joshua

ps im not a commerical i own a marketing company that focuses on medical: pharma, hospitals, large clinical groups, ect.

Edited by OldRedSled (06/23/10 02:39 AM)