Originally Posted By: parker
One of the highlights of the early morning was yelling out "RVRFSHR HOOKS SUCK ASS!!!!!" as BroodBuster, Ike, and Todd came approaching us from the distance. I bet they were wondering who those arseholes were until they realized it was us. rofl

Jeez...Todd and his hat are that easily recognizable? We hadn't even dropped the kicker in the water and somebody starts cussing at us from 300 yards away? WTF? grin Good seeing everyone out there....

Parker is correct....best King bite I've ever seen out on Bar. More action than a Humpy year...no kidding. Friday, despite a brisk SW wind and snotty conditions, was unreal. When you actually had time to take a breath and look around you noticed that nearly EVERY boat within sight was fighting or netting a fish. Wind/waves/weather was nicer on Saturday morning and the bite was still good, but not as good as Friday. Distinct lack of a tide change bite on both mornings from what I saw....early morning show for sure. Anybody else notice the lack of shakers? I caught zero in two days....weird.

Anybody catch any Coho? I heard of only 1 on Friday...nice fat 8 lbr.

So the regs say this fishery is open 'til August 31? Any guesses on how long it will remain open? I don't think there is any way they will let us impact the wild Chinook that long, especially if everyone told the truth about how many wild fish they released. I'd be shocked if it remained open into August.

Thanks again Broodbuster for a most excellent weekend...one for the books.

Ike