Daniel and I went out today to do some product testing. We have been so busy with salmon that we have not got out to play with steelhead for months! What a great opportunity to fish some UV yarn balls for summers. We ended up hooking 6 fish today and only one made it to the bank. We have got a lot of good feedback from those who have been fishing this new yarn but it felt good to get out and fish it ourselves. Up until today we never fished yarn balls under a float, well I can report that it works great! wink I know the steelhead below is small and skinny but a fish is a fish. We used UV yarn balls only today and did not use a drop of scent. We wanted to see how it would work in very low clear water and it did not disappoint.

The most surprising fish of the day was the 20 lb springer that decided it wanted my cerise and white yarn ball under a float. I fought it for 10 minutes probably before it came off but it was cool to hook one especially this time of year. Here is me trying to land a chinook on my 4-8 lb steelhead rod.

Here is the one fish we got to the bank. Daniel gets an assist on it becuase he could see the fish move over a foot to pick up the yarn ball. I did not even feel it but he was like, it ate it, so I pulled up.

It wanted a hot pink, cream sickle yarn ball. laugh

Nice to add another trick to the arsenal of float fishing! Good luck out there.