Yes, regular yarn balls catch plenty of fish in low, clear conditions but we have had reports come in to the tackle shop as well as emails to us that guys were fishing regular yarn balls and hooking one or two fish and the guy next to them fishing the exact same yarn balls just using UV yarn was hooking around 10 steelhead. One guy even asked to use some of the UV Yarn balls and hooked up ten minutes later after going fish less the first half of the day. Maybe it was just his time but I thought it was interesting. I personally think the UV aspect will be very effective in off color or steelhead green water in the winter but I thought it was interesting the results people were reporting with the UV yarn in clear water. If a steelhead is seeing artificial yarn come by its face all day long then it sees a yarn ball that has a different look to it and possibly glowing differently to their eyes it might make a difference even in low clear water. Time will tell but we did not see another fish hooked in the three areas we fished so we did alright. wink

Another thing to think about is how this yarn fishes. It is made from completely different fibers than anything available that give it a bright, vibrant look in the water and the colors actually get brighter once they are wet. If you were to compare a baby pink and cerise yarn ball with our yarn to the same yarn ball made with artificial yarn it would surprise you how much different they looked. The UV is small part of why this yarn fishes so nice.

Edited by steelhead_stalkers (10/15/10 01:36 AM)