Bobbersdown: An anchor is manditory for fishing chronies on days when the wind is up. Even calm days you kinda need to stay facing your bobber with relatively straight line and that's hard to do bobbing around in a floattube. Pontoon boats or prams best for chronie fishing, but you can do it floattubing. You gotta stay at relatively same depth of lake. I anchor up and fish a full circle around my set and out 10-15' from my rod tip. If the set goes flat on me I move to a new location nearby. You'll notice after 3-5 large fish thrashing around on your line, your set kinda goes flat for a while. Best Move!

Once you get to know each lake you tend to head back to the same chronie hotspots over and over.

If at a new lake look for swallows working or other chronie fishermen, and if no activity, drag a leech or something around until you find shucks of evidence of chronie hatching. Large flats w.mud bottom at 9-15' depths are usually good chronie water. A Bathometric map will help you suspect where the chronies are on new water. Steeply sloping bottoms are often poor and hard to keep your fly 2' off the bottom where it usually should be.
If no action and waters cold go out to 20-25' with a slip bobber and fish bloodworms a foot off the bottom.