Originally Posted By: DaveD
Originally Posted By: Magicfly

Washington, Nebraska game should be interesting up til the opening kick off. All Big Red in this one.

Mf

This bowl doesn't make sense to me. Why would a bowl committee combine such a matchup? With 30 different college football bowls, I would have thought that a better matchup could have been arranged?

You could argue that a 6-6 team shouldn't be in a bowl game. But its not the coaches or players fault the system is the way it is. UW had a goal to go to a bowl this year and had to rally back on many occasions to get there. I'm happy for them for realizing their goal. But matching them up against a Nebraska team, who they already played this year and whooped them, seems a little stupid.

Regardless, having follwed UW football since the early 80s, I'll still root for them just like I'd root for the Cougars...IF they were playing in a bowl game.

Dave,
That was the Big 12's way of punishing Nebraska for going to the Big 10. Kind of a FU good bye present.
I think the Dawgs will be much more competitive against the Cornhuskers in the Holiday bowl then earlier in the season.

As far as the NC game, I hope Auburn pounds the Ducks.