Originally Posted By: Magicfly
The Oregon, auburn game should be a classic. To much Oregon fire power for Auburn's defense to sustain for 4 quarters.

I dunno.

No one has been able to stop Camnewt. He's a friggin beast....a proverbial freak of nature. (6'-6" and 250#)
Alabama shut him down for a half, then the Tigers came roaring back in the second half to win the Iron Bowl.

Oregon's defense is smaller but faster than the Tigers have faced.
Maybe they can keep him fenced in, show him different looks and blitz packages. The Oregon D will need to tighten the chin straps for this one.
The up side for the Oregon D is that they have been able to practice against a fast offense because the Ducks offense is even faster than Auburn's.
Oregon will need some picks and takeaways.

Special teams, Oregon can take it to house on any touch.

The Oregon offense will be up against a Tiger D line that is very good at stopping an inside running attack. One exception that I saw was in the Kentucky game. Kentucky will sometimes go into a shotgun read set that is Oregon's bread and butter. From that set Kentucky was able to rip off huge chunks of yardage, inside and out.

The Tiger D and Nick Fairley DT are very effective against a pro-style, under center type offense. Oregon with it's shotgun sets should be able to negate some of the Tiger D line effectiveness. If Nick Fairley does get a hold of Darron Thomas it will hurt.
Fairley is an expert at driving QB's into the ground with maximum PSI from his 297 pounds.

The Tiger D has to be concerned with Oregon's pace.....80 plays a game....snapping the ball within 5 seconds of spotting.
If the Oregon O can gas them in the second half it could be very fruitful. In preparation, the Tiger D is working on cardio but I'm not sure if you can fix that in a month's time.