Originally Posted By: cleardrift floats
Graygost thats an interesting idea eek

I've been drilling a small hole into the colored top of the CLEARDRIFT floats and adding some small clear 10/0 rochaille glass beads for lower ballast weight. Then sealing the hole back up with epoxy and touching up with the appropriate paint / Sharpie color. I got the idea from when I've added these clear glass beads to the A-JUST-A-BUBBLE floats that lets you add water to them. It works well to add weight to bottom of the A-JUST-A-BUBBLE float with out adding water or if you desire, a combination of water and clear glass beads. If you pre-weighted the CLEARDRIFT floats this would not have to be done.

Also, have you thought about adding a permanent stop bead / smaller hole to the top of the CLEARDRIFT floats. I've been epoxying the same clear 10/0 rochaille glass beads to the top of the CLEARDRIFT floats for a permanent stop bead. Glass beads work well for the float stop hole, slide on the line better than plastic beads and don't get line grooves like plastic beads will get sometimes. Glass beads also tend to have smaller holes than plastic beads, allowing for a smaller adjustable float stop to be used on the line.

Just a couple of ideas for the ultimate salmon / steelhead weighted sliding stealth float.