Originally Posted By: SBD
Personally I don't think mixed stock selective fishing works on a large or medium scale, but it is a very good tool to keep a large number of people with a rather low understanding of the issues occupied instead of focusing on expense fixes. That would explain why groups like the CCA are constantly pushing it and somehow always seem to be absent at any of the key meetings involving land use and hydro issues. As how to repair the issues between the groups that want to catch a fish and those that want to buy one.. Seems to me putting the more efficient method behind the play one would make more sense but that would involve removing previously passed laws that were designed to give each group their own area to fish with no contension..Worked well for a short time time I would imagine.

I think land use and hydro are huge issues, and selective fishing is a big issue as well. CCA has chosen to work the selective fishery side, and there is a lot of room for groups and individuals to work the land use and hydro sides as well. Lots of pieces in the puzzle.
I have recently, as shown from other threads, been really thinking about the habitat and upstream biomass (land use) side of things. These all relate and I give a big "Way to Go!" to anyone working in any of these areas to benefit fish and fishing. If we all just pick a place to start and get to work, it is a good thing.