Disabled hunter must be present with the designated hunter. You can not a just go shot a deer/elk/bear/whatever then go get them for a tag. Not the way it works. A no shooting zone means no shooting. The guy was in the wrong but I think there are likely better ways to deal with things and no I would not concider this guy a poacher. At least not how I look at it. .

There are also a few other questions. Did the guy even know he was in the wrong? I doubt it was trespassing as he was not ticketed which he would have been had this been a trespassing issue. This is not Chase's land as we go back to the trespassing thing which I am sure he would have pressed charges. The guy is a neighbor that took a deer in a legal hunting area, open for the said animal with a weapon that he should not have on this side of the road.

I guess it comes down to how to deal with this type of situation. When one sees something done wrong by a neighbor or friend, do you let the guy know it was wrong(incase they have no idea) and tell them if you ever see anything like this again they will get a a$$ beating followed by being hauled away to the cop shop. Or do you cry that the deer was your pet, run away as he has already shot in a "no shooting zone" and thus murder is a short step way, all the while calling everyone branch of law enforcement to protect you. I guess I was just brought up that you correct the behavior youself if you can before calling teachers/mommy/daddy/cops/wardens.....ect. Difference between country fokes and city fokes I guess.