here's the story and pics.

We didn't touch a fish from the hatchery down to just above Wilson's which was where our luck changed. We were the first boat down so I decided to just anchor up in a strategic spud launching location and set the plugs out. I put a lindy orangeade out on the inside rod and a doctor death tadpolly out on the outside. About ten minutes in, the inside rod goes off and we had a hot fish on. After 4 jumps it was off at the boat. So we set the plugs back out and a few minutes later my wife's rod goes off. After a little bit of coaching she was playing the fish like a pro. With no other boats in sight we landed the fish. set the plugs out again and minutes later the wife's rod goes off again. she reeled that one in and then the other boats showed up. we got a good shower from T-birds boat and a spud battle from all angles began. We decided to slide over to the take out but not before backing the plugs down river a few feet. the wife's rod goes off again and I dropped the hook. As she's playing the fish I tell her to not worry but the sky valley boys are coming in hot with the net out. she horsed the fish to the net just before they got in net range and we had our third fish.

A cold and bored wife:

A happy wife with her first ever Steelhead:

An even happier wife with her 2nd ever Steelhead:

A wife that's hooked for life with her 3rd ever Steelhead!:

Look at that hook job!:

A day to remember:

Got crafty with the spud gun this year:

I love it when the fish box looks like this!:

We had a great time and can't wait for next year. I think I've found a teammate that won't bail on me. wink

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."