Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Originally Posted By: Tillanook

I think that keeping a close eye on the df's out there that have access to weapons would be a much more affective approach than trying to gather up peoples assault weapons. But I don 't think thats going to happen.

Really? Keeping an eye on me? Whatever for? I'm a banker, live fairly clean, been president of my school board, ran a bond levy for my kids school, hobby farmer, good father and husband, I have proposed legislation and saw it passed, even shook the governor's hand after she signed it. Pillar of the community, I am. No really, I am. How often, either openly or behind the scenes have I helped folks here and asked for nothing in return? More than probably 99% of the folks here. Don't mean to brag. It is just the facts.

When you need help protecting your rights, let me know. Oh wait, keeping you apprised of the situation at hand, and letting you know that you may wish to stock up on your 16rd mags before they are legislated out of reach might be considered being helpful. Also, as a bit of safety advice, bedside table or a quick safe would be a better option than under your pillow. Would hate to see a ND take out a fellow fisherman..

Take care, I wish you well.

None of my comments went meant to be directed at you Dog. Sorry if it sounded like that. I was refering to peope who have real mental illness and access to weapons, like the kid in Conneticut. The kid was obviously competely crazy and his mom has all these guns available to him. I'm not saying she shouldn't have the right to own those guns. But that is a situation that needs very close monitoring by mental health and others at a minimum.

You say that the high capacity mags don't matter but then you tell me to run out and stock up on them before its too late?

And you don't need to worry about my safety...the "under my pillow" comment was meant as figuratively not literaly.

You mentioned murder statistics in New York in an earlier post and how the majority were commited without guns. But every recent mass killing has been commited with semi-automatic weapons and that is what people are worried about. Mass shootings resulting in mass killings.