After 30 some years of wet brining my smoked salmon using various ingrediants, I found a number of dry brines and decided to try one. I like the results and the extra sweetness of this recipe. Some people call this salmon candy, squaw candy, Indian candy etc but basically its just smoked salmon with a sweet glaze. Not to far removed from what I have been doing other than the fact that the brining process seems to firm up the salmon much better.

Filet salmon remove fat and cut ino 1" to 1 1/2" strips.
Make dry brine using 2 lbs dark brown sugar and 7/8 cup kosher salt mix well.
layer fish strips and cover each layer with heavy coating of dry brine in elongated plastic tupperware or rubbermade container with lid.
refridgerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
rinse pieces and allow to air dry on racks with spam spray 3 or 4 hours.
smoke fish for an hour or two using alder chips.
Brush on Glaze (honey deluted with just enough water or your favorite wine to be able to put on with a basting brush.) or use store bought teryaki glaze, you can experiment using various tyes of sweet glazes found in store.
smoke for 2 to six hours more or until pieces are done. depending on smoker, (some smokers especially if its cold outside could take up tp 12 hours.) check every 3 hours till they are done.
If left to long you will have a fish jerky which is good too. I like mine firm on the outside and just a little moist on the inside.