Originally Posted By: 2MANY
Originally Posted By: Canyon Man
Again I just don't see the need to bash. Why? Is it not possible for a company to come out with an improved product line? Better components, better construction? I sure am glad that gloomis and many other companies in the industry keep trying to improve and innovate or we would all still be using bamboo rods with line wrapped around a tin can. What happened to the old moral values of not saying anything if you don't have anything nice to say. I guess I am just naive.

Again, thank you gloomis, and all the other rod and reel companies willing to spend money on research and development, for striving to put out new and innovative products for the industry we all love to participate in!

CM

Since you jumped on after my post I'll assume you are talking to me.

Bashing?
If pointing out folks can have a custom rod built that (for the sake of being polite) is at least an equal for almost half the price............then I'm guilty.

Personally I believe people work hard for their money and deserve two quality rods for the price of .....in this case.... one. I'm thankful someone finally pointed me in the right direction after 20 years of spending too much money on rods.

Furthermore this is a blog where people can have an opinion.

If it's strictly a promotional advertisement then IMHO it should be paid for accordingly and locked at the top of the page.

here's a another way of looking at it. when a guy finally pulls the trigger to purchase a super nice sports car. after the purchase the wheels start falling off. not once but many times. no matter how many times the car is returned to the dealership the wheels continue to fall off!

this is what happened to me. its a case of after awhile the frustration just kills the desire to go back and pull the trigger again.

I don't care how much hype a couple guys or a rep say about it. i'll stick with the loomis competitors.