In light of the recent lawsuit (WFC vs WDFW) and statements made at the senate hearing yesterday in Olympia, I have written several letters to my representatives and Governor Insee's office requesting Director Anderson's resignation from the WDFW. Below is a copy of one of my letters. It is time for Director Anderson to go! His leadership has lead to a steady decline in this states fishing!

"Representative Heck,

I am sure that you have been made aware of the travesty which unfolded recently regarding the lawsuit filed by the Wild Fish Conservancy vs Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife over the hatchery steelhead program.

As a result of the states settlement with this small group, the sportsmen of this state have lost a large recreational opportunity in the way of hatchery steelhead. In addition, an estimated dollar amount of over a million dollars will be lost in those communities and businesses whom have historically relied on the sport fishermen's dollars. If that is not enough, there is the lost revenue from decreased fishing license sales and the $45,000 dollars that was paid out in the settlement!

As a citizen of Washington state, and a resident fishing license holder, I demand some accountability for this totally avoidable situation.

Mr. Phil Anderson, Director, WDFW, recently admitted in a public Senate hearing that he was fully aware of the circumstances which resulted in this lawsuit. He further stated that the situation was know to him for a very long time, yet he and his staff continued to violate ESA laws and consequently left the state open to a lawsuit. As evidenced by the fact that Mr. Anderson, under legal advisement, settled rather that fight the lawsuit, he knew his position was without merit.

This is an egregious act of incompetency and violates the trust of the citizen sportsmen and places a tremendous, unnecessary financial burden on the tax payers, state and businesses.

It is unimaginable to assume that Director Anderson cannot be held responsible for this action.

I ask you to seek the immediate resignation of Director Anderson. He has lost the confidence of the people.

Thank you."

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)