What I don't understand is what in the hell the Indians are going to do with those dark-ass springers!? It's not like the Icicle fish are chromers or anything. You bonk 'em and they turn black, however, their meat quality is still good like the upriver brights. It was mentioned that they were "hooking fish" so I don't know if they were keeping them for subsistence or commercial purposes. If they were retaining any for commercial use they must smoke 'em or something but I just can't see these fish going to the market for sale. Do the Indians sell those(dark)upriver brights that they get too?? Sorry, but I can't imagine that dark fish are marketable.

On another note, the Icicle springers are a 100% hatchery run. If the state has enough in the pens for next years smolt production, or will soon enough, then I would rather see the Indians take 'em where un nontribies can't fish, i.e. like right in front of the hatchery and not at the mouth of the Icicle or in the Wenatchee where they can scoop the fish up in a gillnet all day long.

Life is short...fish hard!!

[This message has been edited by SAUKit2em (edited 05-31-2000).]