Joe - unfortunately, 305 is closed for business and they are NOT giving out any more guide licenses down there. You think the comp is tough up here with stickered sleds and jacked trucks? Try spending $500 - 750K on a 42" Yellowfin or Contender. It's literally Nascar on the water and if you don't have the cash to buy the horsepower, you can't compete. Period. Add in another $750K for a small chitty house and another $150K annual for your slip. You have to be a millionaire or have major financial backing to run those waters. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I have the contacts if you still want to explore - happy to help out....but....they are gonna tell you the same thing.

If you really want to branch out into B.W. guiding, check out the lower Leeward and Windward islands (St. Vincent & the Grenadines). There is zero comp down there and you are right off the largest blue / black / white marlin spawning grounds in the world. If I had the means, that's what I would be doing right now.