When I first started fishing, the rivers on the Coast seemed so wild, so remote, and so foreign that it drew me in. I spent every spare dollar on gas to head out to fish Joe's rivers. Regardless of whether it was the Queets or Nooch or Hump or others, and regardless of whether the river was desolate or packed with boats, I always looked up to those diehards that spent the vast majority of their life on the river. These guys were the pioneers before me. Some were quiet, some were loud, some were professional, some were renegades.

Fact of the matter is, that today, the old school guys fish hard and do what they do, they keep on trucking, and many of the new school guys shamelessly flaunt themselves on social media to gain street cred. and to drum up whatever business they can. And today, that's what it takes to build a guide business quickly, even if it means selling out a little. I love sharing pics myself, but I also limit my network to family and close friends, not just any one that friends me with a fish in their profile pic.

Every guide has a following, and I think that there is so much noise on the internet that it is easy to feel like the younger and louder guides are more successful, but it's all noise.

I have a lot of respect for you, even though sometimes you say some pretty retarded stuff, I always have enjoyed fishing around you and watching your public service announcements, you mean well!!

So JOE SUPERFISKY, keep putting your heart into it, you've got a big one, keep putting limits in the boat, keep it professional, make those phone calls to your regulars, and don't give up. There will always be haters, there will always be someone new on the river that thinks they are the sh!t, but they won't last and they shouldn't steer you away from your livelyhood that you've spent 30 years doing what you love.