All,

I was forwarded this email from a friend this morning. Thought you might find it interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Scientist,

We are asking you along with other scientists in the fields of aquatic ecology, fisheries management, and conservation genetics to add your name to an important scientific sign-on letter. Our hope is that your contribution will help inform the public and make clear the scientific consensus regarding the risks posed by Chambers Creek hatchery programs to the recovery of wild Puget Sound steelhead. Your participation will reflect your understanding of the issue as a professional scientist and will not represent the views or policies of the organization or agency that employs you.

Despite scientific evidence to the contrary, much of the public continues to believe that Chambers Creek steelhead programs do no harm to, or are even essential to, the recovery of wild steelhead. This letter articulates the state of the science as it applies to Chambers Creek steelhead hatchery programs. Your participation will advance the public's understanding of this complex issue, creating support for the use of the best available science.

Click here to review the letter and relevant peer-reviewed literature, and add your name. Please contact me if you have any questions. Also, please forward our request to your colleagues with experience in relevant scientific disciplines, with an invitation for them to also support this educational effort.

Thank you for your contribution to this important issue.
Sincerely,

Kurt Beardslee
Executive Director
Wild Fish Conservancy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't get the original hyperlinks to work, click here to view the letter: http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/o/50835/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=11974

Edited by JustBecause (01/28/15 10:54 AM)