I always use my pontoon boat on Langlois, but there is a trail (I think) on the left side of the boat access ramp. I have seen some teenagers fishing off logs lying in the water there, but don't know what the trail is like.

There is very limited access on Langlois as much of it is private including the Girl Scout Camp.

Fishing off the shoreline may be difficult due to so many downed trees being in the water on the west side of the lake, but you might check it out.

There are also some largemouth bass in Langlois that can be caught from shore on the west side.

I understand that Langlois received a planting of steelhead smolts that were diverted from PS rivers.

Another option I would recommend is Lake Tye in Monroe. It is a suburban setting, but there is a paved trail that runs around the lake and WDFW put 10,000 steelhead smolt in last fall and they get a plant in the Spring, plus TU Chapter 654 put somewhere over 4,000 catchables plus some Triploids in the five to six pound range in the lake for the kids derby last weekend.

There is also a play ground for kids and some fast food places close by.

If you do Tye, you could hike from the parking lot to the west side of the lake and fish from the bank there. It would be about an 8th of a mile.

The winning fish for the Kids Derby was 6.4 pounds.

Hope this helps.