This doesn't really have to be about ONE fish, or any fish, just a day in particular that will stay with you.

I had the opportunity to have a couple "work days" on the river with my boss this season. One in particular stands out, and will be a day I won't ever forget.
We had high hopes of easy limits on our way to the river, only to show up to a full put-in teaming with trailers and guide boats launching. #%$%@!!!!! Should we just bag it we thought?
Nah, we're here lets see what damage we can do, we thought. Launch the boat, get moving down river to the first hole, NOPE, full, keep moving...
This went on until well into the afternoon having to pass up primo spot one after another, so frustrating...middle of the week too doesn't anyone work anymore? wink

Did well on steel, easily putting up double digit numbers. Then FINALLY with two holes left we found some water in between the two spots that often gets over looked, so we let the plugs out. about three strokes into it on the oars, SLAMMMOOO!!! My rod fold over with purpose, I could tell it was a big'un when i couldn't move it for a good ten minutes or so.. he just hunkered down on the bottom after trying his best to inhale my favorite 4.5 maglip covered in battle scars and little paint.

Row up river and fight him, row down river and fight him...on and on it goes. Finally get him to the boat and in the net and you'd have thought I won the lottery.

High fives and a few beers later, My biggest Nook of my life goes in the box and he is in PRIME shape. My arms were sore my hands were burning and locking up and I couldn't be happier!

We go on to bonk our limit from their out of the same hole one after another wrapping up our day with limits of steel and kings.

This fish stood out for me and my season this fall/summer.
What was yours?

Sorry for the kind of crappy pic, Im keeping the good ones to myself.

Edited by Yak-Fresh (12/03/15 03:14 PM)