I hooked...and then lost about two minutes later...a rather large and pissed off spring Chinook on the Wenatchee River right near the Tumwater Campground on a skated caddis.

It attacked that fly like a starving fat kid on a donut, took about 50 yards of backing in about 20 seconds, jumped a couple of times, and broke off my tippet.

If it weren't for the two steelhead I had already landed on the same fly I'd have been rather disappointed wink

This was in...oh, 1985? 86? Not long before it was closed, in any event.

Stood out this year? Hmmm...

No particularly fantastic steelhead, unfortunately...I hope I'm not getting jaded to how fabulous each one is.

Coho season on my local rivers was over before it started.

Did a lot of early season saltwater fishing, and while we consistently boated limits of halibut, rockfish, lingcod, kings and cohos...and then a few humpies a little later in the summer...no single fish really stands out of the multitudes.

Caught and released a 25#+ unclipped Chinook at Astoria that was kind of a clusterf*#k...reel came out of the reel seat, and I still landed it with Rico holding the rod while I spun the reel. It had closed to wild Chinook retention the day before, so no pics of that one wink

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle