Originally Posted By: Jason Beezy

But the real question is why do we even give a [Bleeeeep!] about capturing it for any reason? There is a great old Kinks song about photos. It captures well the irony of a picture, how important they seem to us while we are around to see them, and yet how silly they are in the greater scheme of things and that includes steelhead photos.

I totally agree with everything you said about social media, but I have a different take on pictures, most likely because I'm an old dude that remembers film and I still print photos to put in albums...

I take pictures of a fishing trip to capture the people and places, and the hopefully the feelings we were having at the time, along with a hero shot to capture the kill... It is true that memories fade, but sometimes looking back at pictures of those memories makes them all so real again...

I lost a good friend and fishing buddy to a motorcycle accident a few years ago. Every year I look thru the album of photo's from our fishing trips together and the details of each of those trips never fails to put a smile on my face... I hope someday that my kids can look at pictures of me and the times we spent together and keep the good memories of me alive... in much the same way I do with my grandpa and the photo's of me and him.

I do agree, that pictures are useless except for the generation that knew the people in the photo's personally. Also, It seems anymore that with social media and the internet, most people are using photo's as a way to get attention and those photo's become worthless once you post a new one...