Bushbear, halibut is a different story. There are some charter operators off the Victoria area who fish the Canadian side of Border bank who are seeing quite a few boats coming over from the US side and dropping anchor on the Canadian side. Then returning home after their fishing is done for the day. We have DFO observation flyovers every month where boats are counted and that data is correlated with marina creel survey data to estimate monthly effort and catch. Like you we have a halibut quota allotted to the recreational fishery and once it is gone we get shut down. Some are worried that an increase of US boats bumping up these flyover counts may result our quota being used up early. The beef that is being presented is that we are loosing quota without any benefit to our economy in return, as these boats simply cross the line then return home. Before anyone jumps on me i know there are similar beefs up and down the entire coast back and forth on both sides of most fisheries. I'm just simply conveying what is being talked about ever since we've had to deal with quota on halibut and possible early closures.