Originally Posted By: GEAR MONGER 2
I remember those days out front. Been a while. The 5 min ballard bite.

Than you remember John (always had his dog on the boat with him) and Casey. Ballard High Liners! smile

The 5 minute bite. So true.....

Used to pick up a ton of fish from Rays to the black train bride. Mooching in amongst the boat traffic coming in/out of the Locks! Fun times!

As a young kid, I hooked, played, and landed a nice king directly out in front of Rays. I can still remember the drunk diners up on the deck at Rays hootin' and hollerin' as this 11 year old kid was battling a 20+lb. King! smile

Apparently Captain Q and his friend used to fish off of our dock in Magnolia.

Found this photo in my archives. Not too sure what the numbered labels are for, but here's my guess......

1) Where I used to live.
2) Where I used to take my boat in the winter and find L9 and U20 flatfish lost by the plunkers at the Locks. Also where we hand lined in a king after snagging the broken off line with our mooching gear.
3) Where I ran across a poacher with a net strung from the beach to the lumber. He threatened to kill me if I never told anyone.
4) Where I got spooled by a king swinging spoons
5) Where we would plunk for steelhead using L9 and U20 flatfish
6) Where my brother would sneak over and swing spoons for kings.
7) ? Besides a bridge? I think the homeless and tweakers would also be hiding out under neath it.
8) Where the tweakers would stash our stolen fishing gear.