1. I understand it was the state who made the no adult rule until the 16th.
2. Do you really think our "Co-managers" didn't have anything to do with that decision.
3. I do cut the hook when deep hooked, I'm not an idiot. Im not going to use a 3/0 or bigger hook for jacks, so occasionally the 1/0 goes a little deeper.
4. I feel for the guy who kept that fish, the fish he should have the right to keep. It was a clipped chinook. Explain, right or not, why its fair for the nets to gobble up adult fish, while we are left clambering for the scraps that are jacks. Doesn't make much sense to me. The guys who were poaching on the Snohomish are probably pissed about the rec closures the same way this guy was. I won't risk the ticket. At least not at this point.

At some point its going to have to take more than meetings and rallies to change how we set seasons and regain our rights as sports fisherman.
The CO-Manager thing does not work. The Qin, the tulips, the Pukes and the state all have their heads so far up each others butt they are cleaning each others teeth.

It has to end sometime. At this point, it might take something less civil to get it done. Ive been saying for a few years now, lets hold a "fish in". No permits, on a "Closed" river. All fishing, regardless of technique, to show our fortitude and what we are willing to do. If 1000 fisherman would have showed up and fished on the Skokomish after that closure, things would have changed.