Tim Hamilton from THWFA is asking for everyone who would like to see a more transparent and open NOF process to send letters to Dir. Unsworth and to the Commission. Below is an email from Tim regarding the subject.
I've also include a copy of the letter I sent to the Directors office. Feel free to copy and paste.

Letter from Tim Hamilton, THFWA;

That would be great. I've added the following at the end of our feature on the website regarding the letter we sent in.

Those that would like to support the effort to open co-management meetings to the public are asked to send a short email to Director Jim Unsworth at Director (DFW) <director@dfw.wa.gov> and carbon copy the Commission at WDFW Commission <commission@dfw.wa.gov>

The more emails we can get in the better. I'd really appreciate you lighting up the blogs, social media, whatever you can do to get it out there.

Tim"

My letter to Director Unsworth's office and the Commission;

Director Unsworth,

As you are well aware, the relationship between the citizens of Washington State and our Tribal Co-managers is at a very low point. Following the chaos and mis-communications that took place last year at and following the NOF process it is understandable that many in the non-tribal community have a perception of misdeeds and mistrust.

You have a great opportunity to remedy a lot of the misconceptions as well as greatly improve relations between our communities.

We are asking you to concur with and put into place a method to open the Co-management/State NOF negotiations to the public. Further, we would like to have public records available for any electronic and telephonic communications where fishery are discussed.

By prohibiting the public from attending these meetings, the agency has perpetrated a climate of secrecy, mistrust and suspicion.

Please, do the right thing. Agree to open these meeting to the public, and press the Tribal Co-mangers to agree as well. If in fact everyone is negotiating in good faith, and there is nothing to hide, then there is no reason to keep the door closed to the tax payers!

Regards,"

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)