Originally Posted By: Moravec
I got my money's worth for my 2016 license, which was inexpensive considering all the fun I had with my friends and family...

-Wild Steelhead C&R on the Humptulips in February/March 2016
-Caught a few Spring Chinook outta the drift boat Kalama April/May 2016
-Fishing with buddies for trout Cottage Lake May 2016
-Neah Bay was rough weather for the Memorial Day halibut opener but we got out and caught some flat-siders & lingcod.
-Westport bottomfish trip in May yielded limits of rockfish & lingcod.
-June 17 I caught my earliest Albacore for the season
-Late June Skykomish opener there were plenty of summer kings & steelhead around and we found a few.
-July we had plenty of crab cookouts thanks to area 9/10
-Buoy 10 trip with coworkers to Buoy 10 was fun
-Westport Tuna trip in August was tough fishing but glad I went.
-Fished mouth of the Lewis for the first time and we caught a couple.
-A few Snohomish coho trips, a few nice fish I think October?
-A shotload of weekend road trips to the Humptulips in October/November with the drift boat.
-Great fishing for hatchery steelhead on the coast December

Last year was a turbulent time for fisheries management, but I always say you get out what you put in.

I respect your choice if you don't buy a license because you won't use it, but I don't respect negative online posts that will deter others from fishing because you weren't happy because of politics. There were plenty of great opportunities in 2016 and this years should be even better!

Morevac, You hit the nail on the head with this one. I also literally fish every weekend plus select weekdays throughout the year & there is absolutely no reason to think there isn't any opportunity. I'm looking forward to the rest of 2017!