Rieter Rat and I discussed the list idea before the local closures came up. The intent is to show simple support (a show of hands) of a statewide C&R rule for wild steelhead. The commision is currently looking at this issue. We felt if we had a large list of signitures (even from one shop has an example) supporting a statewide C&R ruling that it would send a pretty powerful testimony supporting such a ruling. If you support it please sign it, if you don't, well do what you believe will help, but DO something. Continue to tell the WDFW & commision what the customer wants, believe me there is a couple of small vocal fishing groups around Puget Sound that support C&K seasons and are actively opposed to total C&R. We as C&R anglers can choose to take some action or we can simply complain that if we don't bonk or if we release the tribes will get our share. Sorry I believe two wrongs don't make a right, I'm willing to take my chances. Hrd Ball if your concerned about forgone opportunity maybe someone like Salmo G. could share some philosophy on that subject.

[This message has been edited by Rich (edited 11-18-2000).]