Originally Posted By: jgreen
So if the QIN numbers suck this week, will grays harbor rivers be next? If the Humptulips is any indication (likely not) the GH fishery should be pretty darn good. I’ve done some looking around, needless to say, plenty of coho around. Going to be dark by the 1st. I’m sure WDFW will do the right thing...LOL

I've been to Aberdeen the past few days......QIN is getting fish, gill netters are taking some fish, set netters behind the Mall had fish hitting the net, Rivrguy and I waiting for a while to see if they would "pick the fish", we both wanted to see number and kind but they never showed while we were there.

QIN also nets 9/30 - 10/02.....I would hope QIN shares the catch numbers with WDFW, quickly, gut feeling is there will be fish for the sport season.

Chinook and Coho jack fishing was OK, not great, and there were a few adults that were released or broke off...…..

Do the fish need rain???? Yes, I'd say it would help both Willapa and Grays Harbor but we all know what can happen....once it starts it can get ugly fast and some years it stay ugly.

Edited by DrifterWA (09/25/18 12:14 PM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"