Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1003489 - 02/14/19 11:42 AM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Not sure what slow or fast is anymore. I routinely go to Seattle on Sunday. Going 70 to 80 on average and routinely get blown by. About every 3rd or fourth week I see someone easily pushing 90 and occasionally higher than that. This generally is in fairly heavy traffic, so about half the time the guys are cutting back and forth. We watched one guy passing traffic on the inside shoulder to keep up his pace. Don't dare to go under 70 or you risk your life. In about 5 years of this commute I have seen about 4 or 5 police cars in the area between Federal Way and the North Seattle. Past Fife the traffic will often open up a little. In this area I routinely see the State Patrol and would not dare go over 70.

I guess I am getting old, but last year I got pulled over twice. Both involved city of Tacoma officers. The first I was going just slightly faster than the inside land through the port of Tacoma in heavy traffic. I was going around 65 in the 1.5 mile gap between lights. A city of Tacoma police officer pulled me over and I figured he got me somewhere in the high 60's. At this point he started berating me for going too slow. The second time was when another city of Tacoma police officer blew a light and came around a corner and had to lock up his brakes to keep from hitting me. I yelled at him to slow down when he swung around me. At that point he slammed on the brakes and pulled me over. Started yelling at me and said it was my fault. Both times I dared them to give me a ticket, at which point they stomped away.

From a person who probably drives more than 90% of the population and got multiple speeding tickets when I was younger, it is quite frustrating. Probably 75% of my prior tickets are for speeds that would get me killed if I was to try to go that slow now. I am completely confident that I could get a ticket for going to slow and too fast for the same spped coming from Seattle. The Seattle traffic is usually bumper to bumper and requiring speeds 10 miles higher than what will get me a ticket in Tacoma, where the traffic is wide open.

#1003501 - 02/14/19 01:33 PM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Speed actually doesnt bother me. I commuted 45 mins on i5 for 8 years and saw a lot of crazy [Bleeeeep!], but I gotta say, many of the speeders are at least focused on driving. You can be safe and drive very fast.
By far the scary people are the distracted drivers and left lane zombies. They are definitely causing all kinds of problems and dont know or dont care.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1003513 - 02/14/19 03:32 PM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Hankster
As y'all know, I can be an asshole when I want to be an asshole. Sometimes I'll be a compound asshole...just because I can.

When I was commuting from Santa Rosa to Greenbrae in the early AM I'd see those knuckleheads in my rearview mirror going from lane to lane trying to be 1st at something.

What I liked to do was pull alongside a car in the slow lane and park there. That knucklehead trying to be 1st would be stuck behind me and getting madder by the second. Bright lights. Honking of the horn. Pounding on his steering wheel. None of that would deter me from my mission to be an asshole. He was stuck until 101 widened to 6-8 lanes just north of Novato.

Mission accomplished.

So Hank is a dumbfuck self-appointed traffic cop.

Shocking.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1003545 - 02/14/19 04:57 PM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I am glad there are virtually no cops between Seattle and home...because once I get a clear path, 70-80 is the way to go. Helps me make up for the interminable drive from my office to the freeway at 5pm.

The new tunnel has been working out great for me so far, it shaves about 15 or 20 minutes off my commute, and that's without going 70-80...which does not work so well on 99 and 509.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1003555 - 02/14/19 07:20 PM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: ]
vapidangler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Hankster
As y'all know, I can be an asshole when I want to be an asshole. Sometimes I'll be a compound asshole...just because I can.

When I was commuting from Santa Rosa to Greenbrae in the early AM I'd see those knuckleheads in my rearview mirror going from lane to lane trying to be 1st at something.

What I liked to do was pull alongside a car in the slow lane and park there. That knucklehead trying to be 1st would be stuck behind me and getting madder by the second. Bright lights. Honking of the horn. Pounding on his steering wheel. None of that would deter me from my mission to be an asshole. He was stuck until 101 widened to 6-8 lanes just north of Novato.

Mission accomplished.
That is only making matters worse Hank. I just let them pass life is too short to get all up in arms especially with the psycho fuks in California. In exhibiting such passive aggressive behavior on the road you are basically just the same as that guy only in reverse.

#1003559 - 02/14/19 07:37 PM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: Todd]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Originally Posted By: Todd
I am glad there are virtually no cops between Seattle and home...because once I get a clear path, 70-80 is the way to go. Helps me make up for the interminable drive from my office to the freeway at 5pm.

The new tunnel has been working out great for me so far, it shaves about 15 or 20 minutes off my commute, and that's without going 70-80...which does not work so well on 99 and 509.

Fish on...

Todd

How's the new tunnel from a engineering coolness or wow factor standpoint? I'd like to take a trip through it just to check it out (on a weekend of course).

#1003563 - 02/14/19 09:40 PM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: Snake Pliskin]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
It's fine, I guess. Well lit and very bright, I am curious about how deep it is, it goes down quite a ways, barely levels out and then goes back up for quite a ways. The novelty hasn't worn off yet, I have used it half a dozen times.

Definitely gets me out of South Lake Union faster than I-5.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1003565 - 02/14/19 10:11 PM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: Krijack]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Krijack
Not sure what slow or fast is anymore. I routinely go to Seattle on Sunday. Going 70 to 80 on average and routinely get blown by. About every 3rd or fourth week I see someone easily pushing 90 and occasionally higher than that. This generally is in fairly heavy traffic, so about half the time the guys are cutting back and forth. We watched one guy passing traffic on the inside shoulder to keep up his pace. Don't dare to go under 70 or you risk your life. In about 5 years of this commute I have seen about 4 or 5 police cars in the area between Federal Way and the North Seattle. Past Fife the traffic will often open up a little. In this area I routinely see the State Patrol and would not dare go over 70.

I guess I am getting old, but last year I got pulled over twice. Both involved city of Tacoma officers. The first I was going just slightly faster than the inside land through the port of Tacoma in heavy traffic. I was going around 65 in the 1.5 mile gap between lights. A city of Tacoma police officer pulled me over and I figured he got me somewhere in the high 60's. At this point he started berating me for going too slow. The second time was when another city of Tacoma police officer blew a light and came around a corner and had to lock up his brakes to keep from hitting me. I yelled at him to slow down when he swung around me. At that point he slammed on the brakes and pulled me over. Started yelling at me and said it was my fault. Both times I dared them to give me a ticket, at which point they stomped away.

From a person who probably drives more than 90% of the population and got multiple speeding tickets when I was younger, it is quite frustrating. Probably 75% of my prior tickets are for speeds that would get me killed if I was to try to go that slow now. I am completely confident that I could get a ticket for going to slow and too fast for the same spped coming from Seattle. The Seattle traffic is usually bumper to bumper and requiring speeds 10 miles higher than what will get me a ticket in Tacoma, where the traffic is wide open.

In New York ( Long Island ) they average 80 and there's seldom a jack hole going slow in the fast lane. I think the cops know they have to not enforce tickets because of the amount of cars that have to disperse. Manhattan is like a GD war zone. My friend would drive us there instead of the subway. I stayed with her for a 2 week vacation, she had to work about 5 days when I was there. On her way to work she would drop me off at a station in little Jamaica. Just like the movies.

One day I was at a crosswalk in the heart of the city with a group of people waiting for the light to say walk, a second before the light turned this little girl about 5 years old broke away from her Parents and was struck by this huge fancy 4 door Benzer. This Girl went flying about six feet in the air and landed about 60-70 feet from the crosswalk, my day was ruined, I was just about sick. Her Mom in a panic ran as fast as she could and proceeds to pick her up. We talked her into just leaving her on the street. She was out and was in grave condition. It took EMS forever because of the traffic. The man that hit her was the driver for fat Rosie Odonnel. Still to this day I don't know if she survived. You can't unsee somethings.

- Albert Einstein.

#1004205 - 02/22/19 08:45 AM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: Snake Pliskin]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Ugg...my well is finally fixed after 3 weeks without water. $6K down the drain, but at least I can shower and poop like a civilized person again. Greeeeeat! mad

#1004228 - 02/22/19 10:30 AM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: Snake Pliskin]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Time to lock the horses in their stalls. smile

#1004239 - 02/22/19 11:28 AM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: Snake Pliskin]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Equine safety???

Does that mean wearing a condom?

#1004242 - 02/22/19 12:01 PM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: NickD90]
Black Bart Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Adna
Congrats Nick !

We got our water turned on Tuesday. I know what you mean, nothing like showering in your own bathroom. Gotta clean out the toilets real good cuz they didn't get flushed until the spent groceries hit the bowl and the paperwork was completed.

I'll have to forget about that new/used Toyota Tacoma for another year I guess.

cry

#1004365 - 02/25/19 11:11 AM Re: Snowmageddon [Re: Snake Pliskin]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Was heading out fishing yesterday.
Got up near Alderwood and the PS convergence kick in.
Was snowing pretty hard. Apparently driving hammered and snow plows don't mix.
SF

https://lynnwoodtoday.com/woman-faces-ve...sunday-morning/

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |