Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118531 - 08/04/01 01:51 AM Green River
haverodwillfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Been fishing the Green for about a year now and seen a lot of good water but have not gotten so much as a couple little steelies last year, nothing this year. Am going to torture myself again tomorrow, at Palmer, any ideas or reports from the Green. All your help will be appreciated...

-George Orwell

#118532 - 08/05/01 01:35 PM Re: Green River
haverodwillfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
I didn't think I would be posting a reply to my own post, but anyway here is the report from the Green. 8/4 I fished it from the rearing ponds in Palmer down into the canyon. I got to the big bend in the river and got hung up on what I thought was a rock or someone else's tackle, the latter was right. I pulled up a complete set up, Berkely Rod and Abu Garcia reel, what a catch huh? About a 200$ set up from what I can tell. Someone must have gotten pissed off and threw it in, or dumped their boat, anyway, I have a new steelhead and salmon rod and reel. Oh, yeah, the fishing. Caught a few trout there and then moved up to the headworks road, and fly fished, knocking the crap out of the trout, like 10 or 12 in about 45 min, until I had a giant steelhead jump clear out of the water and snap my tippet, leader and fly right off my pole before he even hit the water again. I was just so impressed, I called it a day. How is anyone else doing up there on the Green? What about on the middle and lower around Geyser and the golf course? Let me know...

-George Orwell

#118533 - 08/05/01 11:29 PM Re: Green River
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Don't worry man, everybody's fishing until monday. Somebody will reply to your post then. I don't know anything about the Green River, sorry.

#118534 - 08/06/01 02:07 AM Re: Green River
Yakutat Jack Offline
Juvenile at Sea

haverod....used to fish that section of the Green all the time about 20-25 years ago. Used to be great summer run fishing, especially in the days before the state park and campground. Then I heard the hatchery cut way back on the summer run plants which are not a native fishery. I have completely lost touch on what is happening up there in the last 10 years or so...this should be a great time of year as I remember it. Have you done well there in the past few years etc.? One thing that used to work well for me was single salmon eggs on very small hooks and 6 lb. test. Used to kill 'em in the deep slow pools about 1-2 miles below the campground before the canyon.

#118535 - 08/07/01 10:34 AM Re: Green River
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Its hard fishin right now. Keep to the faster water they there but spread out alittle.

Tight lines

Kevin

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Streamer), 1206 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |