THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123430 - 10/23/01 09:34 PM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: tigard,oregon
Went out Saturday with Catch-n-Eat to test out my special eggs for the Flotilla. They work !

eek

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: spooled ]

#123431 - 10/23/01 11:17 PM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Anonymous
Unregistered

RT sometimes you can find perfection in simplicity. wink Those concoctions while they do work are akin to French cuisine....I like my steak with a little salt and pepper and quickly burnt on both sides :p . These predators sometimes like their steak simple too. wink :p

Gooose laugh

#123432 - 10/24/01 02:28 AM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, you mean simple like a big Glo 'cheater' with eggs? Or maybe an in line plastic changable spinner clevis and beads with a sonic vibe blade just above your eggs, so it rings the dinner bell for the fish in murky water? Plug cut herring injected with extra oils? Twirling red prawns, also oil injected? NO??? Then what Gooose. E-mail me man - I won't tell. laugh

Edit: Ah ha! I got it. You actually use chunks of real steak sprinkled with Johnny's Seafood Seasoning salt on your hook. Sneaky dude. wink

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: RT 1 ]

#123433 - 10/24/01 09:30 AM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
2580 f/s and droppping laugh. Doesn't look like we'll need all that muddy water stuff. Just suppose to be showers the rest of the week which should put it just about right.

Fishhead5

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#123434 - 10/24/01 06:58 PM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
Hey RT, can you post a picture of your 4 or 5 float setup for proper depth? I want to make sure I rig it right for this weekend so I can find those depths wink :p laugh

Hope your butt ain't too sore wink I'm sure Stew's been lonely since......
you can't walk to the fishing spots, yeah that's it.

Or maybe it's because he's the only person driving the LA Dodgers bandwagon to that post-season party. :p :p :p

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#123435 - 10/24/01 08:02 PM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll make ya a deal Mike - right after you post a real picture of that 'ping pong paddle method' I will post a pic of the 5 float method. The guys will love it - if ya have the nads to post it. smile

#123436 - 10/25/01 12:11 AM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
UH-OH Its headed back up from 2450 this afternoon to 2610 tonight!!!

#123437 - 10/25/01 12:47 AM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Anonymous
Unregistered

RT no way...I might get chastised for unknowingly giving away someone else's secret weapon. But I'll give you a hint on one as it really isn't anyones secret I hope. Gosh all those ideas are great...used them for years but they're still a little to fancy. Think real simplistic for salmon...can be presented under a float, on the bottom with a sliding weight(actually I use large egg sinkers in high flows), plunked, drifted, dead drifted without a weight, the methods of presentation are dependent on the water situation. Another hint...oldtimers used it off Johns River before I was born...way before most of us were born. I've slayed big nooks with it in nameless rivers right next to the people slinging regular river gear. Enough for that one...can you guess what it is and do you have the confidence that you can make it work is the big question. The other system
I may not even use as it's a friends new extreme killer tech....got a couple of Oregon highballer guides scratchin their heads. Nah! I won't risk it...too many of you guys may become physical if you saw what this system does.

Cove RV Park & Tackle Prostaff(1)
Always FishOn!
Gooose :p laugh

#123438 - 10/25/01 01:54 AM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK Gooose, I'll bite. The first one is using yarn. That second one that may get guys angry at ya is your habit of using a portable smaller gillnet. eek jk Actually, that's what fishhead5 is going to do with his hands behind his back (see pg. 1 of this thread). shocked

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: RT 1 ]

#123439 - 10/25/01 02:23 AM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Anonymous
Unregistered

RT how many hints does a smart guy like you need? eek ! If you were a great big piggy of a nook or a ho what would be a simple T-Bone steak to you? Team Topgun will be the sled with the tarp to screen from all eyes what we're are throwin and what we're draggin them in with! eek laugh Like I said my fishin friends got some of them southern experts scratchin their heads tryin to figure out why my guys are consistently slayin fish in front of their clients while they got to work for them. Got to the point where they're tryin to keep them damm silvers from attacking there rigs as they're only interested in big nooks.

Gooose laugh

#123440 - 10/25/01 02:54 AM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Herring soaked in terryaki marinade and grilled over alder wood? ...

Sounds like it better not be posted on the BB? wink

#123441 - 10/25/01 03:35 AM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Paranoid Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Snohomish
Checked the Satsop in person tonight. Sorry to say that it is on it's way out again. Will check it again in the morning.

#123442 - 10/25/01 08:31 PM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just posted to the other Satsop watch thread:

Jim Bain just called me and we both agree with what Dan S. posted in the 'Satsop watch' thread - he says it's toast, with more rain on the way. I propose we just keep this thing on a 'go when it's ready' basis for the first Saturday in Nov. that it's fishable. Most guys should be able to go. That would be Nov. 3rd, 10th, or 17th - not the Sat. of Thanksgiving weekend though. The Satsop should come in for one of those Saturdays, and those famous big silvers come into it fresh all thru November; just like chinooks do in the Tillamook rivers. Keep us posted on the 2 boards guys. Thanks.

RT

#123443 - 10/25/01 09:31 PM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Well, I was goiing to have bail on this weekend. Need to do tabs on my truck and winterize my trailer down on the Nooch. Too much to do and not enough time. I'm game for one of the other weekends.. I'd love to meet more of you (I'm kinda tired of always seeing Os or RT smile just kidding guys) Plus I want to show off my new cat frame. It's a real beaute!!!!

Hope to do FIII before thanksgiviing. That's when all hell breaks loosee at UPS and I usually veg on weekends (buut a fishing trip wouud do me good)

Northwest River Fisherman

#123444 - 10/25/01 11:19 PM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
God you guys are killing me water condition" I will be there on Saturday thanks for reminding me what everybody buta few of us KNOW FNG1 e-mail me!!!

#123445 - 10/26/01 03:25 AM Re: Flotilla III: Game Plan?
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
Fastwater, I sent you a private e-mail as provided on this board, don't know if you will get it or not. Send me mail via FishNg1@aol.com and I will reply.

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 540 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |