LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166057 - 11/19/02 08:43 PM All you jig makers! I need some jigs!
fromcuthroattosteelies Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: olympia
I'm heading to my favorite jigging river after Thanksgiving and I dread the thought of going to sportco and paying 1.50 for a single jig. If anyone would be willing to mail me some I PROMISE I'd mail you a check for the price you desire. I'm sure we could work something out. If all else fails, I work in Puyallup and live in Olympia. I'd be happy to meet a local somewhere for the exchange. I'm not sure what it costs to make a jig, but I figure some labor cost goes into it as well. Please email me if interested. I'd like to get these as soon as possible. Pray for some clear days cool Email me or chat to me via this message. I'm not a big maribou fan. I like the smaller 1/8 or 1/16 oz jigs in nightmare, pink and chartruese, pink and white, red and white, and solid pink. Pleeeeaaaassseeee!
Cuttie

#166058 - 11/20/02 12:14 AM Re: All you jig makers! I need some jigs!
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
Go into a good shop and I am more then postive someone behind the counter would be more then happy to give you quick jig tying lesson (especially if you drop the coin on a vise and tools)...it is damn easy!!!

#166059 - 11/20/02 11:57 AM Re: All you jig makers! I need some jigs!
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
cuthroat,
i make my own jigs, do you like to fish the chenille type jigs? i have found they work awesome, i dont fish jigs very often, but if i get into float and jig again i will be making alot more of them...i got some if you want them..i live in auburn, im willing to give some away cuz i can make more, i dont have all the colors you mentioned, but i do have some in shell pink and peach, black and red, i can remember off hand, but if you supply some chenille i can make you a bunch..for way cheaper than store bought..

#166060 - 11/20/02 01:15 PM Re: All you jig makers! I need some jigs!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Justin, You got to be kidding me. If you just went and bought the stuff you would save a ton of money in the long run. What happened to that whole bag of jigs I gave you?

If you really need some I could make you a hanfull before you come out.

#166061 - 11/20/02 02:37 PM Re: All you jig makers! I need some jigs!
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
I have a question about jig hooks. I don't have the time/place/supplies to poor my own lead for jig heads so I'm wondering what brand of jig head hooks you guys use. The two most popular brands seem to be Gamikatsus and Head Hunter. I've never used Head Hunter because they don't say what type of hooks they use. Are the Head Hunter jig hooks any good or should I stick with the pricier gammis?

#166062 - 11/20/02 05:36 PM Re: All you jig makers! I need some jigs!
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
cutty...shoot me an e-mail, I'll send you some proven winners!

#166063 - 11/20/02 06:59 PM Re: All you jig makers! I need some jigs!
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
When it comes to hooks for jigs, I actually like the VMC barbarians. They hold while most bend. I'm in process of also trying out a few other makers. Gami's are really touchy. Even their bigger 3/0 jig hooks (xtra strong) still are a bit flimsy. I've tried their 45degree hook and have bent to 90. Will see how they pour out. Those are some strong ass hooks. But Gammi premades are easy to find at sportco.

Northwest River Fisherman

#166064 - 11/20/02 08:10 PM Re: All you jig makers! I need some jigs!
bank walker Offline
Spawner

I too am sick of paying 1.5 - 3$ for jigs. For you guys that have been tying your own for a while, how does a person get started tying jigs? i have an old fly tying vise... What kind of paints/yarn/lead should i invest in? Ive seen plain jig heads in the shops, should i buy those or pour my own? Any ideas would be appreciated...
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#166065 - 11/21/02 01:29 AM Re: All you jig makers! I need some jigs!
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Jacob...I believe Headhunter uses the Eagle Claw 630. Fish Doctor also uses the 630's.

Craven and my brother pour jigs on 630's. Jigs are super cheap to make...anywhere from 10 to 20 cents each.

It's worth the investment to pour your own. Buying headhunter's hook with painted heads also isn't a bad way to go.

FJ...out.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |