Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210945 - 09/14/03 09:43 PM busted loomis 1082s imx
Loomis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

while playing a silver today my rod exploded right below the slip joint ,anyone else had this happen.Very disapointing for the money not to mention it was with in 20 mins of getting started.Well off to three rivers to see what they have to say about this minor mishap.

#210946 - 09/14/03 09:55 PM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
That is the price you pay for using the most sensative graphite rod available. They have more feel than just about any other rod, but they are fragile.

I have broken a few in my time and had good service on my warranty claims. Be sure and take it back to one of the larger Loomis Pro shops to be sent in.

Good Luck

#210947 - 09/14/03 10:42 PM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I'm with Vic. The Loomis rods are great, but they break too easy. Life is a trade off. I prefer a bit less sensetive rod that's a bit tougher.

#210948 - 09/15/03 11:04 AM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
SteelieSlammer Offline
Alevin

Loc: Portland, Oregon
This weekend while fishing the sandy river in oregon i had a Lamiglass explode on a hook set. It split length wise about 1-2 feet up the from the connection point. Still got the fish but it wasn't much of a fight and there was no way I was going to let this one get away.

By the way I heard that Lamiglas only has the lifetime warrenty on the certified pro rods. Is this true? My rod was a Norewest Special.

#210949 - 09/15/03 11:20 PM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
milkBottleMikey Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Spawn Ranch
Buddy of mine busted his at Blue Creek last weekend (on a fish) or so he says. I was with him in his Duckworth at the time. Shattered in four piesces, one of which stuck in his hook setting wrist. He was not happy. He didn't put too much stress on it- I'd expect more for $300. Took it back to TumH20 Sports and new one will be back in time for next years Summer Runs.

Aside, flashing 'em at night was good to him there last week. I went back down there sunday night last week and picked up two nice ones on foot. Not a bad nights work considering my flashlight broke soon as I got down to the water . Had to thread my line by the dim light of flashed corkies. Tennis shoes don't work well on wet clay banks neither. But fun was had.

Thursday last the lower Hoh was slow even though the water color was prime. Little effect on the level with the little rain there was. Some Kings above I heard.

#210950 - 09/16/03 12:33 AM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
siletzangler Offline
Alevin

Loc: oak harbor washington
I have seen three Loomis rods explode in my fathers hands in as many years. I have also destroyed 2 rods in the last two years and have nothing to show for it other than extra eyes and rod tips while my father makes the drive to the loomis plant and picks up a new one free of charge. And yes as others have said they are wonderful to fish with, especialy drifting for winter fish. My rods were low end Lamiglass by the way. I'm making the switch as soon as I can come up with the finances.

#210951 - 09/16/03 01:28 AM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
Loomis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

well I stopped at three rivers and disscused my options with them,They told me for 55 dollars they would give me a new rod no Q's asked or they would send it back and let loomis decide what they want to do with it.sucks to be with out for two to four weeks all my other rods feel like im fishing with a tree limb.

#210952 - 09/16/03 10:38 AM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
egg goober Offline
Juvenille at Sea

for the price of a loomis rod you can buy two rainshadow rods. i just love them. they are by all means the best rod for the money. and have great cust. service also. i've sold all of my loomis and lamiglas and replaced them with rainshadow and it was the greatest investment i've made in a long time. thumbs

#210953 - 09/16/03 11:17 AM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
puppylove Offline
Egg

You're certainly not the first one. I say boycott loomis as their junk is way too overpriced. If it's sensitivity you're looking for, just go to the 6-10lb lamiglas, for 1/3 the money and 10x the strength and longevity. Hell, I make my own rods with and unnamed local blank manufacturer for 1/8th the cost of g-loomis, and they're so sensitive that I can feel the bite down my arm, chest and into my pecker.

Scrape the gloomis stickers off the rear windows of your trucks, quit spending your entire paychecks on loomis rods and maybe we'll see the rods drop down to an equilibrium price we all can afford. A loomis is is like a Hummer-2. A Hummer shell on a Silverado chassis.

#210954 - 09/16/03 08:52 PM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Loomis- i have the same 1082 IMX you have. Mine broke last summer just below the midsection. I sent the rod right to the factory in Woodland and had a new one in a week and a half. I paid 20$ for shipping.

There are many rods out there that are similar to Loomis that perform equally, BUT alot of those bargian rods have weak components(guides, etc)...

You get what you pay for...If you fish 4+ times a week and need something that can keep up with you and the fish you hook buy a Loomis, if your a weekend warrior there are lots of bargain rods out there
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#210955 - 09/17/03 12:11 AM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
Curt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn,Wa
loomis-bring the rod to me at auburn sports and marine and i'll give you one right off the shelf for $50 ,or i,ll send it in under warranty for $12 and it will only take a week to ten days. laugh

G.loomis the best in the industry,you get what you pay for.

FISH ON!!!

#210956 - 09/17/03 12:53 AM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
Loomis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

ha curt like I said in earlier post,three rivers made me the same offer,in fact they picked up the shipping,but what is with the fifty bucks I already forked out 365.00 for the rod is it that u didn't make enough off the origanl sale and u feel that another fifty would help I would think that a phone call by the dealer( three rivers marine,auburn sports etc) to the loomis factory and they could settle this over the phone and get the customer taken care of right then and there.

#210957 - 09/17/03 12:22 PM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
egg goober Offline
Juvenille at Sea

bank walker,
i fish 4+ days a week and i fish rainshadow's each trip, and catch limits. no problems at all! you get what you pay for! i'm not degrading loomis, i've just found a better product.

#210958 - 09/17/03 08:36 PM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Goober, You fish 4+ times a week and limit everytime?? Whats the limit, 2 steel? 4salmon? Thats puts you in the 8-24 fish weeks(4days)...Not to much different than some weekend warriors. eek

Seriously, im not degrading the fact that your Rainshadow cant hold up...Time, fish, and snags will tell... Loomis has proven almost bulletproof from what i have used and from some of the fish junkies that i know that catch insane numbers of steelhead/salmon...

I guess i am just biased... its like chevy(loomis) v.s Ford(lami) and then there's Dodge and Toyota(allstar/rainshadow) blah blah blah...everyone has there own preference
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#210959 - 09/18/03 01:55 AM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Loomis (ford) with Rogue (chevy) but lamis are hundais.. All of the talk about how great lamis are, and imho they are solid $hit (except the cert pro line and esprit series) Grab a g1000 series and a berkley buzz ramsey and tel me which one you find more sensitive.

#210960 - 09/18/03 05:39 PM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
Chrome454 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Drifting Down The Braids Of Sw...
Loomis = great rods but a rip off!
Rainshadow=excellent rods and alot of beer money to boot! laugh
Chrome

#210961 - 09/18/03 08:08 PM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
cast and blast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Where can I get info on rainshadow rods? I keep hearing great things about them and may need to pick one up.

#210962 - 09/18/03 11:19 PM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
Curt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

loomis-the fifty bucks has nothing to do with the origanal $365.00,the fifty bucks has to do with the conveniance of you getting the rod right away,and me being out a rod i can't sell,that expidite program wasn't set up by(auburn sports,three rivers)it was set by loomis so you don't have to be without a rod,now the $12 is because it costs us that much to ship the rod the next day so you can have it back in a week to ten days.

FISH ON!!!

#210963 - 09/18/03 11:45 PM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
Loomis Offline
Juvenile at Sea

curt,not lookin for a pissin match here just tryin to figure out why it is the way it is.why the fifty bucks, so your out a rod for a few days.happy customers are repeat customers and when there is a problem with a product and its taken care of fast that is what keeps people coming back.this is defintly not the last rod I will buy but it may be the last loomis.If this is the factory policy to stick it to the customer the dealer should step in and fix the problem(replace rod and deal with factory).when it all comes down to it if u cant fix this problem why should I come back to your store.

#210964 - 09/19/03 12:11 AM Re: busted loomis 1082s imx
Curt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

loomis in no way was i tryin to get in a pissin match with you,as alot of people on here can tell you it was the policy of auburn sports to trade people straight accross for broken rods for along time,there where just a few bad apples in the bunch that ruined it for the rest,loomis told us we couldn't trade straight across anymore and there the ones that made the fifty dollor deal,they make the rules we just follow them,sorry if i came accrost badly earlier no harm meant.

FISH ON!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 794 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |