Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#262780 - 12/01/04 01:47 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Fish Stalker Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: S.W. Washington
Do you guys ever see guys side drifting with electrics over there on the Duc and Bogey?
just curious

#262781 - 12/01/04 02:41 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Quote:
Originally posted by sky # er:
p.s if you need fishing lessons please feeel free to ask us! there not cheap though
An obvious troll. Bad one at that, mind you.

Sure hope your "fishing lessons" are much better than your "phishing lessons".

The Big Dawgs are not biting on this one.

#262782 - 12/01/04 03:45 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
wolverine Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA
I think that Sky # er is just trying to wind a few tight springs even tighter. Chill out...

#262783 - 12/01/04 03:57 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just for that am going to bring my 23' woolridge jet boat there! hehehe j/king

just because there is a river in a remote area that you think is all yours.....guess what? you dont own the river or make the laws.

I just believe that alot of you are jealous that we have been out fishing most you?

Take a chill pill and relax....take a deep breath and let it out slowly fishing is suppose to be fun? remember?

i need to tie some leaders bye bye

#262784 - 12/01/04 04:23 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Driving 62 in the passing lane all the way home isn't illegal either.............but only a toad would do it.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#262785 - 12/01/04 04:41 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
sky # er---did you go poopy in your pants?

--sorry I have a 1yr old and I like saying that to him.

Dude-I could take a riding lawn mower into a grocery store, I could wear my underwear outside my jeans, I could go play golf at a cemetary-but I dont. The moral majority does not either. Im sure your not the first to sled the OP rivers-yes you can-aint anyone stopping you, but if your skills fishing are that limited and you need the advantage-then by all means-Its your Right--right?

ps. I own a sled and a driftboat. Ill be over there this weekend in my---hmmmm? drift boat Ill say hey if I see ya, would not be hard to figure that one out eh

just having fun fish on

#262786 - 12/01/04 04:49 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
Here comes the padlock.

#262787 - 12/01/04 04:57 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Boonedawg Offline
Alevin

Loc: Hoquiam
Thing is theirs a LOT of folks out there who have no idea about common courtesy or manners. Was fishing on the hump this year,had my gear in-between me and my son. Some dude from im sure more than an hours drive comes up steps over my gear bag and crowds between me and my son who was probably 6 feet to my right. I'll tell ya i had to bite my tounge on that one. better yet was when said bunghole decided to wade out and move over infront of my son.....well long story short I rigged up a new set up and drug his gear up and cut the line. Well, I'm 6'2'' 290 and can bench in the neighborhood of 400 lbs and have been boxing since the age of eight. Lets just say he will think 2X before he decides to crowd the natives.
I'm of the impression that most guys out there are decent folks but the a-holes among us are emboldend by the fact that most guys will just walk away when confronted by an azz ho.....Well Mr. A-hole I don't walk away and I actually enjoy teaching martial lessons on gravel bars. Oh yeah remember those other 20 fishermen that you pissed off before you got around to me? They didn't see s@$t.

#262788 - 12/01/04 05:48 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Easy E Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washington
Well said Mike B.

#262789 - 12/01/04 06:12 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Can you say "KARMA" it will come full circle in due time.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#262790 - 12/01/04 06:21 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
im not saying that its right for sleds to be out on our pristine west end rivers, but i mean this sky # er guy has some balls goin up against the entire population of west end fisherman on this board

#262791 - 12/01/04 06:23 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
ohhh and AMEN STRIKE ZONE, and KYLE A.

#262792 - 12/01/04 06:56 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Brad_tgl Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
This guy is going to get turned in real soon because a friend of mine saw him tearing up and down the river without his boat registration numbers. If your boat is over twelve feet and over a ten horse then you need those numbers.
This peon won't last long!

#262793 - 12/01/04 07:36 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
To clarify, the boat is a 19 or 20 foot Koffler drifter with a motor on back. It was on the Hatchery drift today and a number of locals asked me about it.

You can be as big & mean or as "prepared" as you want relating to your truck. But remember, this is Forks, and my tires got slashed due to my stance on wild fish ... the same WILL happen if motors come into play.

We've never had a law regarding the issue out here because most people have had enough courtesy to keep these power off these rivers as they've been for a long time.

As far as I know, the only way WDFW can come into this is to enact a selective fishery ... if they continue to run it, I wouldn't be surprised to see a push for it. You think a simple no-kill on wild fish doesn't go over well here?? Try no bait, barbs, power, etc. ... they'll have just about everyone on their tail then.

Bet they don't do as well with their little shrimp baits then ... or it will at least cost THEM a bunch \:\)

Leave the motors on the big rivers where they belong! The vast majority of my guests want toi fish in a no-power setting. If I have to make the proposal for a selctive to keep it that way, so be it.

You'll have these inconsiderate anglers to thank if it goes that route.

PS - regarding the electrics, while you see one once in a while, it's still considered taboo by most while participating in the fishery.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#262794 - 12/01/04 08:44 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
I have seen what happens when the locals get excited sky#er do yourself and your friend a favor and take the motor off and enjoy your day like the rest of us this does not have to be Im bigger or better than you situation their are plenty of fish for all of us and river etiquette for the bogey and solduc are motorless driftboats only this is not a rule just a continuous courtesy for the pass 50 years!!!PEACE

#262795 - 12/01/04 09:00 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Bob I'd say goodbye to sky#'r if I were you.
Do us all a favor. I just went through his posts...it won't be a big loss.
I still say let the cutting torches burn.

#262796 - 12/01/04 10:08 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Bustinbig Offline
Spawner

Loc: silverdale
do you think maybe sky#er is not who he says he is? i do not believe you really know this guy. tell you what, why dont you give out his phone number so we can check out your story. how about what make of outboard motor ? give us something!! dont just come on here with a big mouth trying to stir up trouble.

#262797 - 12/01/04 11:55 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
ramprat Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Graham
My guess is that sky # er has never been on The Solduk river. Needs to have someone pay attention to him and does so by doing anything he can to get people to pay attention to him.
Probably been beaten by a stepfather or has some mental issues that need to be worked out with a counseler.
Just my guess but I really think it best to ignore his posts.
As far as motors on the O.P. I personally enjoy the serenity and quiet solitude of the O.P. rivers. I have a sled but use it for the larger rivers. I have a friend with a drift boat that has a kicker but using it on the O.P. rivers? out of the question.
Just my 02
Ramprat

#262798 - 12/02/04 12:01 AM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
roguesteelheader Offline
Parr

Loc: Southern Oregon
Wow I thik I will just stay down here in god's country and fish. We do not put up with jerks like this guy we just deal out a$$ whippings .Come on down to the Rogue bada$$!!!!!!!!

#262799 - 12/02/04 12:20 AM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
Here's my take, for what it's worth.

I don't see much harm in say, some guy running his small sled in the water below barlowes out to the ocean...

...or some other guy running a motorized boat of some kind in the quillayute. I'd have an ear for say, someone really old or someone with a disability fishing in that water for sure because you're only real competition there would the natives.

The calawah will never see a jet sled and its not likely in the duc either. If a guy is rich enough to afford the $2 a gallon for his rig and his sled for a round trip two day weekend on the Hoh, he's rich enough to afford a guide to row his lazy ass down the river.

Personally I doubt it would be necessary to commit a crime for me to get the idea to cross to anyone I saw doing it....they would definitely have to deal with me if I did though.

So... all the guides know who you are, the word is spreading amongst local fishermen as to who you are and what you look like. This is a small town. THINK about the necessity of what you are doing, whether or not its worth the risk and decide for yourself.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1331 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |