Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell
Yah! Like h20 said!

SA

#262801 - 12/02/04 02:26 AM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
cupo Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: north sound
I just got home from three days on the Bogey. We never saw them use the motor, but their pushy fishing style wasn't making them any friends. One of my buddies was about at his boiling point yesterday morning when they kept feeding line into our drift and tangling our lines.

#262802 - 12/02/04 02:57 AM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
fuzzy Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: port orchard
it's a shame idiots like that make all sled owners look like putzes
and equally a shame when drifter's yell get the cutting torch cause it's a sled
kinda funny when the ignitor of conflict is just a putze with a inbetweener and a crappy attitude
yea he's in a drifter(or so i heard)

h2o i think you made a valid point about location
like on the bogie? from leyendeckers down would be sled plunking and up stream would be drifters with no conflicts of interest
same on the hoh
the sol duc? lol i wouldn't take a cheap drift boat down that let alone a money pit sled

the whole chehalis system including the hump?
now that sled vs drifter issue cracks me up of late
sleds have been common place there for decades and the latest group of boaters seem to like trying intimidation tactics to disuade other boaters from enjoing the resource

in the last few years it's becoming a trend to bash and actively engage in disrespect because of differences in style

we all need to get a grip and realize the caveman attitude is ineffective and spend the energy on more positive aspects of the sport

#262803 - 12/02/04 10:07 AM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
fishtale Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kng
Bob
I am not sure if you heard about the sled on the lower Duc and Bogie a bunch of years back
he came back to his rig and his trailer was cut in half by a cutting torch?? He was not a happy camper!!

#262804 - 12/02/04 10:11 AM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
QwikSticks Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Brier, WA
Sounds like the 20' Black Koffler that was on the hump all October. They are very aggressive in how they fish and will move in instead of move on down if the spot is holding fish. I believe i have heard the owner of the boat referred to under the knickname 'Convict'. I talked to number of boats in October and quite a few had run ins with them and were not to happy about it.

#262805 - 12/02/04 10:51 AM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Backbouncer Offline
Alevin

I had Mr. Mullet in the black Koffler cork me twice during my drift on the Hump. I was the bigger person and just decided to move on. There was plenty of fish in the system, and we were tagged out early on sea-liced nooks, so there was no need to get heated over it. Anyways, karma knocked on his door at the take-out as their chevy pickup got stuck in 4-low and they had to drive it that way.

BB

#262806 - 12/02/04 11:29 AM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Kyle_A Offline
Spawner

Bob, this is a subject I would work hard for. I'm all for sleds in the right place. But in pristine (no dam, free running) rivers like the Olypen, I'd be up for a law of no motors above a certain point in those rivers. For me (I know, I know, it's all about me!) there is nothing worse than taking a relative or friend for their first drift to introduce them to the beauty and peace of our rivers and having a sled come ripping around the corner straight at you at 20knots. It just spoils the whole vibe. Like Coho said "You could take your riding lawnmower into the grocery store" but why?

#262807 - 12/02/04 12:06 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
I can imagine many that live on peaceful country roads near rivers,lakes and streams feel the same way about the roar of diesel and gas pick ups towing boats from dawn to dusk during the season. Heck there is even a guy above Spokane shooting at and threating people that float the river. He claims much of what many here claim. Over crowding and too much competition for the resource.

#262808 - 12/02/04 12:34 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Kyle_A Offline
Spawner

TheKing, you bring up a good point. We all want things for ourselves don't we. Hmm.

#262809 - 12/02/04 08:41 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
ctflyfish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: ridgefield wa. usa
It's my understanding that WDF&W does not have authority to regulate motors on rivers, but county government does. For example, Clark County prohibits motors on most of the East Fork, Lewis River. I think it would solve lots of problems if Clallam County would take this step. For one thing, it would protect the out-of-area innocent who just haven't been around the OP to learn the no-motor tradition.

#262810 - 12/02/04 09:50 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Gary Johnson Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Fall City, WA
I think ctflyfish has it right. If there are no laws regulating this on the OP rivers maybe there should be? I know when I first got my sled I was hoping to take it over to the penninsula for a weekend trip. Luckily for me before I did that I actually booked a trip with a guide and found out how prevalent tire slashing was for those with sleds. To this day I have never fished an OP river again.

Now trust me I try to be as courteous as possible but I sure don't understand ruining someones property just because they want to have a good time on public property too.

#262811 - 12/02/04 10:00 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
convict Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: tacoma
as the rower of said 20 foot black kofler drift boat on the hump, you cry babies make me sick, you have a problem handle it like a man, by the way the truck came out of four wheel drive just fine, thank you for your concern, the reason they call me convict is i'm not scared, take heed. i'll be back.

#262812 - 12/02/04 10:45 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Bustinbig Offline
Spawner

Loc: silverdale
OH MAN, another bad a$$ to ruin everybodys day. convict, you sound like a really nice guy. but i will bet you never spent a day behind bars or you would have a little more respect. just another tuff guy.

#262813 - 12/02/04 10:49 PM Re: GAS MOTORS ON THE SOLDUC
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Already been doing a little web searching to look into going to the county for such a ban on all tribuataries of the Quillaute River.

In the meantime, since this seems to be deteriorating into I'm a big tough guy behind my keyboard thread ... it's time to put it to rest ;\)

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1361 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |