THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#264415 - 12/22/04 11:57 PM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
wulybgr Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Orchard
When I first read this post my heart broke. As you can see from the picture to the left I am a father of a little girl. I cannot imagine what I would do in your situation. My thoughts are with you and your family during this time. I hope and pray that she continues to improve. This thread reminded me of what is truely important during this season.

Steve

#264416 - 12/23/04 12:41 AM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
JNT Offline
Smolt

Loc: Steilacoom, WA
I have logged in as Jon- JTD

Update for all.

We received some upsetting news today. I left work at noon to rush to the hospital where I am now. Erin is having heart problems caused by poor blood flow through the new liver. Her heart actually stopped today and there was a probability that heart failure was soon to follow. They attempted to install a heart bypass device that would regulate her heart beat in that event. Erin consequentally had a minor heart attack during the proceedure and the doctors removed the equipment. The doctor's then decided this afternoon that best course of action was immediate removal of the transplanted liver, installing a temporary bypass to buy some time (48hrs max.) and try and locate a second liver donor.

Here we are at 9:00pm and word has just come that a second liver has been located- another miracle on a roller coaster of a week! This liver is the correct blood type, coincedentally the same gender and age. We are awaiting final testing for possible disease and confirmation of harvest. The surgeon has left by helo for the proceedure.

The family is on pins and needles pending the scheduled 4:00am surgery.

I realize that this board has been made available for fishing topics, but as I have already opened the door for this community, therefore I have been compelled to follow through. Erin's chances have been compromised, more so by each invasive proceedure. In the event that Erin's surgery is unsuccessful, I am unsure whether it is appropriate to continue to post or not. I considered posting a poll but decided against. Feel free to PM me (JTD) if there are any strong feelings. (Bob?) either way is fine to me, feedback would be appreciated. the posts have been therepudic actually.

Parker- the dinner has been postponed for now, but it is no surprise that you have the answer again. You are definately an asset to this board. Thank you.

Thank you all for the thoughts, time and prayers.

Jody

#264417 - 12/23/04 01:16 AM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
We'll keep our fingers crossed and say some prayers tonight for the next round of surgery.

Yes, it is a fishing board. But many of us are friends, both on and off the board and it's somewhat like a big family of sorts. (YIKES \:\) )

I welcome such threads, please keep us informed!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#264418 - 12/25/04 03:39 PM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
JNT Offline
Smolt

It is with a heavy heart to update the board today. My little girl Erin Jane has passed away. She left us early the morning of the 23rd. I wish I had a picture to post for all to see but, let me tell you she was my personal trophy. It is quite unfair a two year old has to be the one chosen to go. Please keep my family in your thoughts this Christmas and in particular my wife Jessica and Erin's sister and best friend, my six year old daughter Lauren.

God Bless you all this Christmas.

Erin's service will be held next week at Haven Of Rest in Gig Harbor, WA

If anyone is compelled to come, we welcome all with open arms.

Tight lines and keep your tip up.

JNT
Jon Nicholas Tornquist

#264420 - 12/25/04 04:29 PM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Jon ... KK I belive speaks for many of us. We are deeply saddened to hear the news and will keep you and your family in our thoughts for many days to come.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#264421 - 12/25/04 06:52 PM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima Wa. U.S.A.
Dammit !!!!!!!! Why does life have to be so unfair. I lost a son at 18months old, so I can fill the pain. So sorry for this to happen. Jim

#264422 - 12/25/04 07:52 PM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
There isn't anyway that I can say that I know how you feel. All I can say is that I feel devastated by your loss, but I also know that everything that happens in life can be used for growth and makes us stronger, you guys will be so much stronger than I. I will pray for a healing and a peace that passeth all understanding for you, your wife and precious daughter.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#264423 - 12/26/04 11:47 AM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Our deepest sympathy to you and your family.You all will be in our thoughts and prayers.

#264424 - 12/28/04 08:49 PM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
JNT Offline
Smolt

Thank you all for your support and kind words. Erin's obit is in the Tacoma News Tribune today and is viewable at http://www.tribnet.com Her service is Thurs afternoon. Thanks again.

The Tornquist's

#264425 - 12/28/04 10:05 PM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Jon,

I'm typing this through tears. I can't begin to tell you how I sorry I am for your loss. I simply can't imagine the burden that has been placed upon you.

My son was at Children's this past summer for open heart surgery. So far, everything has turned out well for us. It broke my heart to see so many children struggling to get better there, just like it broke my heart to hear your precious little girl isn't there with you now. I am so sorry.

If you need anything at all, post it here or email me or whatever. I'd do anything to bring her back to you, but since I can't, I can only offer my deepest sympathy and ask you to let me know if there's anything I can do for you or your family.

We'll miss you Erin. You're an angel now.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#264426 - 12/28/04 10:28 PM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
Anonymous
Unregistered

JNT:

Sorry I missed this before. I can tell you that in most ways I can understand your pain right now, as we lost my mom just 2 days ago, on the 26th.

Know that your little girl is in a better place than this world can offer, and what ailed her here does not exist there.

My condolences to you, your wife and family.

Mike B

#264427 - 12/28/04 10:33 PM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
Titanium Cranium Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sequim
Jon,

I didn't see this until today, I am also typing through tears as I read this. You have my deepest sympathy. I'll pray for you and your family.

Mark

#264428 - 12/29/04 10:01 PM Re: NFR- Friend in need of Christmas cheer (long)
Gary Johnson Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Fall City, WA
JNT,

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine how you must feel. Losing someone so precious is nearly inconceivable!

As it turns out I was at Overlake about the same time as my daughter was having her daughter on the 22nd.

If there is anything I can do for you and your family please let me know!

Take care and god bless!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1090 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645296 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |