Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#277961 - 06/09/05 06:05 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
4Salt,

ACDC opened up for Van Halen for a few dates after the Van Halen Sabbath tour ended. Van Halen was so good people booed Sabbath off the stage.

They also opend for the Who, Nugent ,BOC, Areosmith,Cheap trick etc. that same year.

#277962 - 06/09/05 06:10 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
I read most of this thread and found it interesting, a bit hostile but still informative. But it's time for you guys to start using the PM feature so the rest of us don't have to read this crap.

#277963 - 06/09/05 06:12 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
The 'Moster's of Rock' tour that year WAS Aerosmith, AC/DC, Ted Nugent and Blue Oyster Cult.

As best as I can remember BOC played first, then AC/DC, then Ted, and finally Aerosmith drove everybody out of the Oakland Coliseum 'cause they sucked so bad!

What venue did you see VH and AC/DC at?

'78 was the year that VH's debut album came out.

#277964 - 06/09/05 06:14 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
bodysurf Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: olympia
more populous states don't have to pay for??
there are national parks, nat'l forests, bases and reservations in california aren't there? and new york? not sure what ya mean.....and aren't revenues being added to the other side...just not enough to keep up i think...

#277965 - 06/09/05 06:43 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
4Salt,

A big club in New Orleans. Would have been late fall or early winter. I saw VH with Sabbath in Spokane in Sept. of 78 so VH 1 came out the summer. No one really knew who they where as we where all Ted Heads back then. That show was almost all dudes in the audience and very few women. By the time I saw them in NO the audience was mostly women there to see DLR. AN interesting side note about 10 years later I was in NO for a meeting and we went to see Fats Domino at a club and Eddie VH was in the audience. Later that night at a nearby club Eddie played a set acoustic from a bar stool. He was married or dating that fat chick and she was with him.

#277966 - 06/09/05 06:58 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA

#277967 - 06/09/05 08:41 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Quote:
Originally posted by Todd:

If "Jesusland" decided to make a paradise without the coasts, they'd be up to their ears in their illegitimate children, single parent families, and no more welfare dollars to feed their entitlements...not to mention the billions in farm subsidies, which means they wouldn't be able to feed themselves, either.

Fish on...

Todd
-----------------------------------------------------------

This distain in which you hold people of faith and the air of superiority by which you and those 'enlightened' friends of yours look down your noses at believers with is the exact reason you've lost national elections recently and why your side will continue to do so in the future if that that behavior continues.

So by all means please keep it up.

It's funny that you consider anyone that disagrees with you is a zealot, but consider yourself an average 'middle-of-the-roader'.

I heard a pretty astute observation the other day--a lady said that in the 1960's, 70's and 80's she believed in God, the Bible and took her family to church from time to time and was just considered by most to be an average American....today she still believes in God, the Bible and takes her family to church periodically and now she is said (by some?) to be a right-wing intolerant religious zealot.

Who changed?

#277969 - 06/09/05 09:33 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport
I seen the unknown band ZZ Top open for Ten Years After in Winterland and the unknown band Lynrd Skynrd (we thought Bill Graham said Lemon Skinner) open for The Who at the SF Civic Auditorium.

Who's fishin' the bubble this weekend?

Gas tax?

#277970 - 06/09/05 09:50 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
we thought Bill Graham said Lemon Skinner)
:D

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#277971 - 06/09/05 11:23 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Who changed?
She did. She's obviously hanging around different people than she did before and they don't agree with her politics like the ones she associated with before. Of course this gives her the opportunity to play the victim and the "woe is me, I'm being persecuted" conservative. Typical of your world, Krusty.

#277972 - 06/09/05 11:49 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Fishing issues must be slow because I got sucked into this thread which I thought was about the gas tax but it is just the same old retarded crap that goes on over on the political board...Gas tax? Oh yeah Metallica man.!!! they rock!!! (vomit vomit vomit)....

And Slab you got sucked in too....shame

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#277973 - 06/10/05 03:22 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by grandpa:

Gas tax? Oh yeah Metallica man.!!! they rock!!! (vomit vomit vomit)....

------------------------------------------------------------

Here's something that if passed will help all tax payers in Washington state finally have real accountability for how their hard earned dollar$ are spent.

http://www.I-900.com

#277974 - 06/11/05 02:36 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:
Quote:
and why your side will continue to do so in the future if that that behavior continues.
Don't hold your breath there wacko. Your Pres's popularity is in the toilet and Congress says he has some splainin to do. Wouldn't surprise me if he was impeached for telling lies. \:D

This defict, an unneccessary war, and his social security scam will be his and the Republicans downfall.
Oh Aunty, I am surprised. Here I am agreeing with every word and every meaning of your post. You go girl!

#277975 - 06/11/05 03:53 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
I went to the nonewgastax.com website to see if I could understand the issue. I have never seen a lamer bunch of reasons as to why the gas tax should be repealed!!! In listening to Wilbur & Carlson (the Dynamic Duo???), they seem to say "If you don't like the outcome of the Election Contest, take out your frustration by getting this on the ballot." I feel like I'm back in 3rd grade.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#277976 - 06/11/05 06:38 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Eddie,

Even when we've diagreed in th past I always felt that you were someone who looks at things with logic and reason--If you take your affinity for the the 'duo' out of the equation, the real reason that most of the people I know are supporting http://www.nonewgastax.com is because the voters of Washington voted down a gas tax increase a few years ago and then Gary Grid Locke snuck one in there anyway that was supposed to address our traffic issues....then after Gregoire promissed during the campaign that she would only raise gas taxes as a last resort (not the first) she did so by having the legisltature sneak a vote through that turned over the voter approved I-601 that required a 2/3's majority to raise taxes.

Quote:
Washington amended its statutory code in 1993 to require a 2/3 vote of the Legislature to increase taxes that raise revenue below the expenditure limit. Tax increases that raise revenue above the expenditure limit require voter approval.

http://www.atr.org/content/pdf/2005/mar/pr-wa-senateenemy03-18-05.pdf
It's the sneaky and dishonest way the gas tax has been implemented that people object to most. The mere idea of just giving a multi-billion dollar blank check over to the the lovers of bigger government without so much as a definative plan or proposal as to how it would be spent when there's already so much waste and poor management is what rubs voters and tax payers the wrong way.

If there is a definative plan (with a budget and a proposal as to exactly what we would get) put it to the voters---it's our money--let us decide.

If your home need some remodeling and a addition or two, would you just sign over a $200,000 check to the contractor without at least getting an idea what exactly he was going to do to your home and when he was going to do it?

If so, my cousin does great work and would love to talk to you. \:D
------------------------------------------------------------

Honest accountablity and the light of day are both good things:

http://www.I-900.com

#277977 - 06/11/05 06:44 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

I heard you the other day talking to Kirby and you were quite eleoquent in making your point that the Republicans were just after publicity. Now you favor a gas tax bill that has little or no accouontability for how the massive amount of money collected is to be spent. Curious> Take the Alaskan Way viaduct for example....money earmarked for a project that has no plan and no budget...Sounds like a typical Dem plan...grab all the money you can from the taxpayers and then force boondoggles down their throat by any crooked means necessary regardless of what the majority of the taxpayers want.

And all those election snafus and out and out fraudulent procedures in King County were just made up by the Republicans for a publicity stunt? No real reforms in the works either? Even the judge admonished the state to clean things up. You're smarter than that Ed/.

#277978 - 06/11/05 06:53 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
The mere idea of just giving a multi-billion dollar blank check over to the the lovers of bigger government without so much as a definative plan or proposal as to how it would be spent
Sincerely,

The Missing Billions in Iraq

Face it, Rory..........you're being bent over by more than one party. But you're thanking one of them for doing it.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#277979 - 06/11/05 07:01 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
I really have a couple of horses in this race. Firstly, I sell to the DOT and my personal finances MAY improve if the Gas Tax is kept. However, I am also someone who drives about 25 - 30K miles per year. It is a quality of life issue to me to get better roads.

I agree with you Grandpa that accountability is a must. There is a performance audit requirement in the Transportation bill that should help this issue. You mention the Alaska Way Viaduct. This roadway is not completely funded by the new tax and it is therefore the responsibility of the City of Seattle to come up with the extra money needed to complete it. I guess we will find out just how badly the City wants a tunnel!!!

I understand (I think) the frustration of folks, but we seem to blindly accept the 30% increase in Gas prices and cry like stuck pigs over 9.5 cents (which works out to like 5% over 3 years). Because the oil companies are not beholden to us, we biatch about what the State does. Maybe I should stop on this, I also sell to the oil companies - they have been on a buying spree ever since oil hit $45 a barrell!!

I have not made up my mind on this initiative other than I will not sign it. It is in my own personal best interest to have WSDOT get down to work and not be wondering if the funding will get pulled out from underneath them. My point is that the reasons I see listed and Rory's (above) as well, seem downright juvenile and ill considered.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#277980 - 06/11/05 10:14 PM Re: Gas Tax repeal
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
we seem to blindly accept the 30% increase in Gas prices and cry like stuck pigs over 9.5 cents (which works out to like 5% over 3 years)
I don't particularily like the idea of more taxes either, but the above statement echoes my feelings precisely. I truly can't understand why people get so worked over a few dollars a month in tax, but quietly fork over hundreds to oil compaines that are making record profits AND AT THE SAME TIME getting tax-dollar-funded subsidies. Geez, at least with the tax I'll get a little something in return. When was the last time a major oil company did something that truly benefitted our entire state?

Why isn't Carlson and Wilbur circulating a petition to demand an explanation into the coincidence of soaring fuel costs and soaring profits? Why are they only concerned with stopping something that will benefit the state?

#277981 - 06/12/05 08:07 AM Re: Gas Tax repeal
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Remembeer that what goes on in the world markets such as the oil market is out of our control here in our state. Oil prices get the publicity but steel is another example of soaring commodity prices mostly due to the Chinese economy buy up raw materials at a record pace along with a couple of other emerging economies. We are pretty powerless to control that other than to blame Bush for it.

Let's just say that the 9 cent increase in our state tax on gas puts us near the top in taxation and we are still near the bottom in the quality of our roads. It isn't the money it is how the money is squandered that is at issue.

The way we spend money on transportation and the way we waste it is something we the people can try to do something about. The gas tax increase law has a provision in it to prevent a referendum by the people. That way they think they can spend money with abandon with no accountability.

I think removing the viaduct would clean up the waterfront and be a great improvement. The problem I would have is if it is done so the land made available can be covered in more condos that cost over $1 million each. Big parks without drunks sleeping in them would be nice. With our current county and city government I'm afraid such parks would be filled with tent cities for the homeless and $600,000 toilets for the drunks.

We waste too much money here in Washington and there is no accountability. That is probably why we use the intitiative process so often.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Krijack), 398 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |