Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#322450 - 11/30/05 06:28 PM life after divorce
tyeeterror Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Humboldt Nation
hello to all, its been a while since I could post here. Just went through a divorce, and lost the computer in the settlement. I did get to keep my Jetboat, and I bought my driftboat before we got married. Anyways I just got a new computer and wanted to say hi to you all. I will be seeing ya.

#322451 - 11/30/05 06:33 PM Re: life after divorce
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Been there, done that.

Glad your still breathing and life WILL go on. Good deal on keeping the fishing goodies; it will help keep your sanity with the free time you now have on your hands.

Good luck!

#322452 - 11/30/05 06:40 PM Re: life after divorce
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Also been there. Sounds like a reasonable settlement: she gets the computer; you keep the fishing gear.

Depression is common after divorce. There are two common reactions. One is drinking, and it is not good after about three. The other is to do, even if you have to force yourself, the things you love passionately. Fish hard. Fish often. You will be better for it.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

#322453 - 11/30/05 06:53 PM Re: life after divorce
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
Near as I can tell, Stam's success rate quadrupled after he dismissed his old lady. The best is still ahead of you, dude. \:\)

#322455 - 11/30/05 07:34 PM Re: life after divorce
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
C'on Stam she couldn't have been that bad. Look at the wonderfull girls she gave you!

#322456 - 11/30/05 08:03 PM Re: life after divorce
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

This thread is striking a little too close to home. Let's just say it's been a really bad week for me. Big meeting with the attorney tomorrow.

Salmo's post hit it bang on (as usual!) in my case. Been making a good dent into the Tanqueray reserves while trying to immerse myself in anything fishing-related (anyone notice the spike in fNp posts the last few nights?) to ward off the looming spirits of depression. Much tougher when you can't get out on the river, but I've managed to keep myself busy enough to distract my mind from the misery of impending divorce.

Believe me, it's not something I would recommend to anyone.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#322457 - 11/30/05 08:08 PM Re: life after divorce
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Hang in there Doc!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. For me... divorce was the best thing I could have done! I only wish I'd done it SOONER!

#322458 - 11/30/05 08:13 PM Re: life after divorce
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
My favorite joke dealing with divorce...

Do you know why divorce costs so much?

Because it is worth it.

Haven't been there myself, but I have had friends go through it. Seen it go both ways. The one that went the best was when they kept things civil.

Take care.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#322460 - 11/30/05 08:33 PM Re: life after divorce
SnowDog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell
Been there done that! This time I got smart and married a woman who likes to fish and understands the addiction \:\)

SA

#322461 - 11/30/05 08:52 PM Re: life after divorce
Iron Head Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: tacoma, Washington, US
Never been there, never done that, and never even been close. Good luck guys. And I bet your ex-wifes hate fishing right?

#322462 - 11/30/05 09:03 PM Re: life after divorce
charr Offline
Spawner

Loc: Yuppie Ville
Went through that in 1990 and was a happy camper.
I had 9 years after that of fishing whenever I
f*&king felt like it.
Doc, sorry to hear about your situation.
It will get better!

#322463 - 11/30/05 09:12 PM Re: life after divorce
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
It does get better. I went though it four years ago.
Ours went well and we are better friends now. At the time I thought life was over- I was wrong.
My boy spends half the time with me and things are good.
Keep your head up!
Dave

#322464 - 11/30/05 09:22 PM Re: life after divorce
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Went through it after seventeen years of torture.
I hear ya doc on making the dent. I almost went in head first.

Find someone to talk to. I had a great therapist. Between her, family and friends along witha strong dose of fishing. I am on top of the world.

It took a while, but never been happier. I to kept the sled, the poles and the property on the COW. The retirement is another thing. Worth it though. Tips up!!!!!

#322465 - 11/30/05 09:26 PM Re: life after divorce
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

FnP you are making me depressed. Your a smart guy you already know there's more options then just drinking or fishing. Take advantage of your insurance and see a counselor. Don't wait till it gets so bad you find yourself staring off a tall bridge. At the very least don't drink alone.

I don't want to hear any crap from anybody about toughing it out. That kind of BS advice leds people who are depressed into feeling even more isolated. I've dealt with it myself, and anybody who's dealing with enough sh&t in their life can be at risk.

Must be something with the planetary alignment or some other vodoo....saw alot of folks last night who were having very tough times coping, way more then usual. Pulled a gal out of the restroom this last shift who was the first I ever saw to actually cut the artery in her wrist. I don't want to ever see eyes like that again.

If there's anything I can do please ask.

#322466 - 11/30/05 09:32 PM Re: life after divorce
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Don't worry about me trying anything stupid. Life sucks right now, but I have too many things to make life worth living. A lot of future dream fishing destinations for one, and of course there's my four girls.

I know this sounds really lame, but banging on these keys actually is therapeutic... well at least for me.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#322467 - 11/30/05 09:44 PM Re: life after divorce
fiishawk Offline
Parr

Loc: sw washington
The best revenge after a divorce . Live well and everytime you see her smile and be so sweet your sicking.

#322468 - 11/30/05 10:40 PM Re: life after divorce
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Eastsound, WA, USA
Apologies, and congratulations. Much awaits you.

Six years or so since she left me. The tears are no longer on the surface--I have to concentrate a while. I don't, much--helping others consumes more of my attention. Why wallow in self-contempt when you can apply a healing balm on the suffering of others?

"Life is real! Life is earnest! And the grave is not its goal..." --Longfellow

May the fish fall for your offering infallibly--

#322469 - 11/30/05 10:52 PM Re: life after divorce
TBird Offline
Fish Fear Me

Loc: Port Angeles
TyeeTerror and FnP: Hang tough... Anyone that ever said that you could walk away from somethin like that without having to cope with the loss is full of it! Even if you are the one that wanted it! I've never been through it, but I can only imagine! Anyone you loved enough to marry is hard to get over being without! Same goes for serious g/f's really, theres just little to no paperwork and legal stuff... That in itself is enough to kill a guy! Just always remember time heals almost all wounds.. might be a little scar tissue left in the end, but it's nothin you can't cope with! =) Keep your chin up and try to smile! It's the best thing you can do!

Vince: What line of work do you do?!

Tom

So easy, a cavegirl could do me

Team FTW

#322470 - 11/30/05 11:43 PM Re: life after divorce
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Lot's of good advice here.

I was depressed for a couple years still hanging onto remnants of good times in my memory. What got me through it? Talking to friends, not bottling the feelings up inside (something I'm prone to doing)Not drinking heavily, LOTS of fishing and, most importantly in my case, looking ahead instead of looking back....again with the help of my friends.

4 years later? I feel good!

#322471 - 12/01/05 12:38 AM Re: life after divorce
run_a_bait Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle
lucky you got to keep the fishing gear. my friends parents got a divorce last year and his mom took all the fishing gear just to piss of his dad. the boats, poles, reels, hooks, i mean everything.

but hey like the others said at least now you will have more time for fishing and thats always a good thing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1395 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |