LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#329642 - 01/27/07 07:04 PM Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow!
BadFish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: The OP, Hometown: Torrance, CA
I was just told I'm going to Vegas tomorrow for my birthday, yay! Haven't been there since I was 11. So I'm searching around the internet trying to find the best buffet, shows, sushi bar, etc. If you have a good place to go please post. We are staying at the Luxor...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2567209

#329661 - 01/27/07 09:23 PM Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! [Re: BadFish]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
The Bellagio has the best buffet and a great show "O". The Bellagio buffet is hands down the best. How long are you there? You need at least 3 or 4 days to get around. When I was there, I purchased a Power Pass, which allowed me entry into many venues, and it was a bargain @ $100. It even has a Hoover Dam tour, Wax museum, Guggenheim Art Museum, Mandalay Bay Aquarium, Luxor museum, The Segfried and Roy Lion and Dolphin conservatory and many, many more deals. You can also buy this Pass online.

It was my first stay at the Venetian, which made it convenient to get up and down the strip on the Deuce (dobble decker Bus) which is much more convenient than the Monorail. "Blue Man Group" was fun, with show's at the Venetians. Those guy's are really a hoot.

When possible be sure to buy your ticket online before leaving for best seats. I was lucky enough to get seat's in the splash zone for "O".

BTW, this is the time of year to catch huge Stripped Bass at Lake Mead. You can find a fishing guide through the Hotel you are staying at. Just ask.

Have fun in Vegas!

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#329662 - 01/27/07 09:29 PM Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! [Re: John Lee Hookum]
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Speaking of fishing, the Bass Pro Shop is worth checking out if you've never been to 1. I wish I had gone there at the start of the vacation instead of the end,

#329663 - 01/27/07 09:32 PM Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! [Re: John Lee Hookum]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Be prepared to walk or travel great distances, as the Luxor is at the end of the strip. Great distances from some of the places I've mentioned.

The NBA All Star game is there Feb. 14-18. If you see dozens of 7' feet tall guy's, that would be the reason.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#329669 - 01/27/07 10:00 PM Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! [Re: BadFish]
BadFish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

lol, ok thanx John! I looked into the Power Pass, but no luck. All reservations are taken for next week. and Blue Man Group was my first choice too! Getting tickets tomorrow for that.

Well thank you all for the info...I wish I could do some fishing but we're only going to be there for 3 days. I'll post up some pics when I get back...

#329670 - 01/27/07 10:08 PM Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! [Re: BadFish]
BadFish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

AKKings, is that bass shop on the strip?

#329673 - 01/27/07 10:21 PM Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! [Re: BadFish]
BadFish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

oh, I don't know anything about bass fishing, but it would be interesting to check out..

#329684 - 01/28/07 12:32 AM Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! [Re: BadFish]
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Its a couple miles off the strip. Its not just bass stuff either, all different kinds of fishing stuff as well as hunting, pretty cool display of high $$$ guns, saw a $100,000 rifle there I wouldn't mind having. I don't advise the climbing wall either, took my finger almost 3 months to quit hurting.

Fremont street is another cool place to checkout, especially after dark.

#329730 - 01/28/07 01:06 PM Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! [Re: BadFish]
BadFish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I banked the Duc yesterday and don't think I'll be doing anymore climbing for a few days, lol. No fish, but did find some usable gear.

Edited by BadFish (01/28/07 01:06 PM)

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |