THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#450265 - 08/29/08 10:43 AM McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska?
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
Shes hot but I dont think she is gonna get it done for 08. Good Luck -TBJ

#450269 - 08/29/08 10:58 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: TBJ]
GreenRiver Offline
Spawner

Another reason to dislike her.

Governor Sarah Palin holds a salmon caught while setnetting
with her family in the Bristol Bay region.
http://www.alaskaseafood.org/industry/enews/092607govpalin.htm

Most people suck at internet........

#450271 - 08/29/08 11:04 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: GreenRiver]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Dislike her?

RUFK?

I dig this chick!

Press Release: No. 07-14, May 11, 2007

Contact: Matt Robus, Director, Division of Wildlife Conservation, ADF&G, (907) 465-4191

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Governor Palin Introduces Bill to Streamline Predator Management Laws:
HB 256/SB 176 Clarify, Clean UP Statutes, Encourates Abundance-Based Management

(Juneau) - Governor Sarah Palin has introduced a bill in the State House and Senate that will simplify and clarify Alaska’s intensive management law for big game and the state's "same day airborne hunting" law. “I have said many times that my administration is committed to management of game for abundance, and to a proactive, science-based predator management program where appropriate,” said the Governor. “The bill I am introducing will give the Board of Game and state wildlife managers the tools they need to actively manage important game herds and help thousands of Alaskan families put food on their tables.”

The bill, House Bill 256 and Senate Bill 176, clarifies and simplifies the language of what is known as the “intensive management” law (AS 16.05.255 (e-g)), which requires the Alaska Board of Game to adopt regulations to restore populations of moose, caribou and deer in parts of the state where they have been depleted over time. During the last four winters, the state has been conducting predator control programs in some areas to build up moose and caribou herds.

“We have had good success in achieving lower wolf densities in the predator control areas during the first few years of the programs,” said Matt Robus, Director of the Division of Wildlife Conservation in the Department of Fish and Game. “There are now indications in our longest-established programs that moose populations are responding well to reduced levels of predation, and this will directly affect the harvestable surplus so that people will be able to harvest these animals for subsistence and personal use.”

The Governor’s bill clarifies state law that requires the Board of Game to implement regulations to help manage important game herds for both abundant numbers and abundant opportunities for Alaskans to harvest game. In addition, the bill uses the new term "active management,” which is broader and is used in place of "intensive management." The bill also would eliminate several current requirements that have proven to be problematic for both the Board and the courts, and definitions that vary from existing usage within the wildlife management profession.

HB256/SB176 takes two laws that were written to achieve almost exactly opposite purposes and harmonizes them so that the state's game managers, the courts, and the public will have less trouble understanding how they work together and the legal requirements that apply in each situation. The important principle of limiting use of airborne and same day airborne shooting of large predators is retained, while the process for conducting game management programs critical to meeting the state's constitutional mandates is made simpler, more workable, and more legally defensible.

Governor Palin said she is introducing the bill at this time because she wants to generate discussion on the important issues related to predator reduction as a component of abundance-based management. “I understand that the legislature doesn’t have time to give this bill a committee hearing before the end of this session,” she said. “I want Alaskans to look at this new language over the summer and fall, debate the issues and urge their legislators to pass the bill into law early next year.”

#450272 - 08/29/08 11:04 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: GreenRiver]
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
This is the same area that would be most affected by the Pebbel mine that is being proposed.

#450273 - 08/29/08 11:12 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: TBJ]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Originally Posted By: TBJ
Shes hot but I dont think she is gonna get it done for 08. Good Luck -TBJ

Holy smokes. [Insert gremlin rubbing one off here]

I totally disagree TBJ, her track record speaks for itself...she's a proven leader.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#450275 - 08/29/08 11:16 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Magicfly]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Not being a Senator should help the ticket. I guess we will find out more about her from both sides.

- Albert Einstein.

#450281 - 08/29/08 11:56 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: GreenRiver]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: GreenRiver
Another reason to dislike her.

Governor Sarah Palin holds a salmon caught while setnetting
with her family in the Bristol Bay region.
http://www.alaskaseafood.org/industry/enews/092607govpalin.htm

It's fukin Alaksa, you either work for oil, the state, or commercial fishing. I lived up there for several years, everyones a commercial fishermen in some way seems.

#450283 - 08/29/08 11:57 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Sol Duc]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
She has the highest approv rating of any govern in hte country. She hunts, fishes and believes strongly in conservation. If only our govern had half the leadership we might be better off in our state. She also looks a lot better than the chubby old fatcats that are in hte running. Go Governer.

#450284 - 08/29/08 12:06 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: docspud]
GreenRiver Offline
Spawner

She should just pose for playboy so all of you can really get off. Just remember the last 8 years were a disaster with this party.

Peace Out Home boys.

Most people suck at internet........

#450298 - 08/29/08 01:50 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: GreenRiver]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
That surprised me. Who would have thunk we would have the choices we have this year? Either way we make history with this election. Best wishes for both sides.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#450299 - 08/29/08 01:52 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: GreenRiver]
Roguefshr Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: WA
actually just the last 7...

#450301 - 08/29/08 01:54 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Dogfish]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
Who would have thunk we would have the choices we have this year?

We've only had 2 choices, and a lady VP candidate doesn't change that.

4 more years of the same BS, or 4 years of change.

I've just come up with the GOP's slogan: "Fear Change."

#450303 - 08/29/08 01:56 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Roguefshr]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
When elected to office she sold the Gov. private jet . "we don't fly that way."

#450307 - 08/29/08 02:01 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: chasbo]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I bet we'll see "Sportsmen for Palin!" bumper stickers...even though she's [censored] deep in Big Oil and comes from a commercial fishing background...why people continually vote against their own interests, even when it's clear that's what they're doing, is beyond me...must be the knee-jerk reaction:

See an "R", pull the lever.

Fundamentalist anti-choice Big OIl mining commercial fishing friend.

Wow...right up my alley.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#450308 - 08/29/08 02:01 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: chasbo]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Mayor of a 5,000 person city.
Governor for 1.5 years
VP Candidate.

Priceless.

She's right up there with Ferraro and Quayle. Just glad that McCain wasn't actually a good presidential candidate to begin with, or I might have been upset at the GOP's decision.

rofl

#450310 - 08/29/08 02:04 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: The Moderator]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

You're just saying that to appease the left front seat of future boat trips... rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#450315 - 08/29/08 02:11 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Sol Duc]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Yes. wink

Actually, just having some fun fishing for GOP's today. They are in thick now and are biting just about anything you toss at 'em!

I'm a die-hard fisherman, and will fish for anything or anyone!

Fish on!

laugh

#450316 - 08/29/08 02:12 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Sol Duc]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I'm waiting for BRun to say " I'd hit that like a Mack truck running down hill without brakes. Not that I'm going to vote that ticket or anything....I'm just sayin."

#450317 - 08/29/08 02:15 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Sol Duc]
Peterman Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: West Seattle
Just got this this morning after I signed the Pebble Mine petition earlier this week. I don't know how she interceded, but it's funny on the timing of this newsletter. It's a bit scary to think she'd be running this ship were old iron sides to keel over....

From Sportsman's Alliance for Alaska Newsletter:

NEWS RELEASE

Renewable Resources Coalition
Resolved to Continue the fight to save Bristol Bay

Anchorage, AK (August 27) - The RRC would like to acknowledge the tens of thousands of Alaskans who supported Proposition 4 as we did and the hundreds of volunteers who worked so diligently on this issue. The fight to save Bristol Bay’s wild salmon is hardly over, and the results of this election simply show how much work we still have ahead of us. The residents of Bristol Bay are acutely aware of the possible ramifications of the Pebble mine and the risks it poses to their very way of life. The vote in the region was overwhelmingly in favor of the initiative and polling shows a majority of Alaskan’s do not support the Pebble mine and have grave concerns over the damage it may inflict on one of our greatest treasures. This vote does not change the fact that putting a massive, acid-generating mine at the headwaters of the world’s largest wild sockeye fishery is a bad idea. Pebble is still the wrong mine in the wrong place.

Unfortunately foreign mining companies and their allies spent millions upon millions of dollars to muddy the issue with a variety of false statements, scaring and confusing voters with wild claims that the proposition would shut down all mines, and that it might even affect gold panners and people who use outboard engines. All of which is simply not true. It is also regrettable that the state and Governor Palin took it upon themselves to intercede in the public initiative process which we view as totally improper.

The clean water ballot measure, had it passed, would have protected existing mines while also protecting wild salmon and clean water from dangerous toxins produced by new large-scale acid-generating mines, such as Pebble. Our priority continues to be protecting all of Alaska’s renewable resources, our hunting and fishing heritage, whether commercial, sport or subsistence, so that future generations will have the same opportunities to enjoy the wild Alaska we all know and love. “This was only the first battle in what appears to be a very long war,” says Richard Jameson, president of the Renewable Resource Coalition. “We would ask those who wish to protect Alaska’s wild salmon to remain resolute, as will the RRC and its members.”

###

#450319 - 08/29/08 02:18 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: seastrike]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

I think Rachel already beat you to it.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (skyrise, Krijack, steely slammer), 1504 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645405 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |