THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#451005 - 09/02/08 06:37 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: stever in everett]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Bristol? let me guess...bay?

- Albert Einstein.

#451006 - 09/02/08 06:39 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: Todd
Did you just call Bristol Palin a fattie?

If they smoke, they poke.

#451007 - 09/02/08 06:40 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Sol Duc]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc

lol..Cindy aint bad on the eyes either,her 40 mill puts her in the hot category. rofl

It's Ok to knock up a rich 17 year old with means. They make better parents...'cuz you know, they will be rich someday and a made CHOICE to get pregnant at such an early age.

Oh wait, Republican females don't have a choice. Sorry, I forgot.

But hey, it's OK if you have money.

rofl

#451008 - 09/02/08 06:41 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

One thing, if McCain is elected, Palin will be the first MILF in the administration since Kennedy. And I had no idea what MILF stood for then. And would have thought it pretty gross if I did.

#451009 - 09/02/08 06:48 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Salmo g.]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
I think that if you are calling JFK a MILF then, you still don't understand what it means.

#451010 - 09/02/08 06:51 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Rocket Red]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
rofl

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#451020 - 09/02/08 07:04 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Dan S.]
fish4brains Offline

#451023 - 09/02/08 07:25 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: fish4brains]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA

That pic there is a keeper.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#451041 - 09/02/08 08:35 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

I wonder if Barak's going to borrow John Kerry's duck hunting gear this fall to show all the gun owners and hunters that he is "One of Us"?
It would be a shame to throw it away.
Sheesh.... it's only been used once!

#451051 - 09/02/08 09:07 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: Dan S.]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

RR, maybe you didn't think Jackie was hot. I did, and I was only 12. OK, I could have worded it better.

#451056 - 09/02/08 09:27 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

So if an Alaska State trooper threatened your father-in-law, do you think you could just call up the PSC and tell him to fire the guy?

No, you'd have to file a formal complaint and go through "the process" to have him canned.

And so should she.

Sure, everybody hates the process and wishes they could take things into their own hands. But try it and see what happens to you.

She's the Governor, not the Queen.

#451068 - 09/02/08 10:04 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Well, it's not something I consider a huge issue, probably because I'd be apt to do the same thing.

I don't have any more tolerance for a state trooper abusing his power than a governor. But if we ask that the trooper be held accountable, shouldn't we also ask that the governor be held accountable?

What "held accountable" means, you can decide. I'd say in this case the firing of the trooper is appropriate, and in her case maybe a nasty note in her file.

#451081 - 09/02/08 10:58 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
fish4brains Offline

Religion should stay in church where it belongs.

#451082 - 09/02/08 10:59 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
The State Trooper-gate seems to be the only thing getting attention lately. However, there is a pattern of abusive power in Palin.

As mayor she fired the city librarian because she wouldn't remove books from the library that Palin disapproved of. A book burner.

As mayor she also fired the Chief of Police because he supported her opponent during the campaign. Very cheney-esque.

She also set a policy requiring department heads to get her approval before talking to any reporter. A policy against the First Amendment?

As govenor she replaced the entire Board of Agriculture and Conservation because they wanted to shutdown a money-losing state dairy. Her newly appointed Board kept the dairy open, it continued to lose money, and when they finally did sell it it sold for half of what they originally asked for.

That's not the type of character I want a heartbeat away from a 72 year old president.

#451087 - 09/02/08 11:08 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Left wingers aren't afraid of Right Wing Christian Nutjobs...we just think they're nutjobs...but when you put the nutjobs in charge of important things, they do insane things with them.

Like Iraq.

And that's why they should never even be elected to Library Staff, much less put in charge of anything important.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#451089 - 09/02/08 11:09 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Crap.

Timing is everything. rofl

Edited by Dan S. (09/02/08 11:11 PM)
Edit Reason: Missed opportunity

#451099 - 09/02/08 11:30 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Todd
Left wingers aren't afraid of Right Wing Christian Nutjobs...we just think they're nutjobs...but when you put the nutjobs in charge of important things, they do insane things with them.

Like Iraq.

Todd

Oh you mean the lies about WMD's?
These Lies Todd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1q9Q0OtJ4g&feature=related

rofl

#451102 - 09/02/08 11:36 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Is there anything about the democrat party that you guys dislike?

#451106 - 09/02/08 11:47 PM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

You mean like back in 1970 when Nixon formed the Environmental Protection Agency?

History of the EPA
By the 1960s, the United States was poisoning itself with pesticides. National parks and crops gave a false impression of healthy, vibrant agriculture but hid chemicals that were destroying the environment. Pesticides were killing insects and animals as well as threatening human health. In 1962, the naturalist Rachel Carson wrote a book that catalyzed the environmental movement. "Silent Spring," serialized in the New Yorker and eventually a New York Times best-seller, documented the detrimental effects of DDT, a synthetic pesticide, and other chemical compounds that caused harm to wildlife, especially to birds.

The book piqued the public's interest in environmentalism. Ecology, previously an obscure academic field, became a legitimate topic of public discussion. State and local governments enacted environmental laws, regulating polluters or banning the use of certain chemicals. But the mass of laws was confusing and often ineffectual. The United States needed a comprehensive environmental policy.

National Archive/Newsmakers/
Getty Images
President Richard Nixon formed the EPA in 1970.

President Richard Nixon was initially reluctant to create a federal agency that set, monitored and enforced environmental laws. In 1969, he formed an environmental council and advisory committee, but met with public charges that the organizations had no effectual function. But by January 1, 1970, Nixon signed the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), which promised to institute a federal role in environmental protection. Nixon recognized that such federal legislation needed the attention of an exclusive agency. By the summer of 1970, he submitted Reorganization Plan Number Three to Congress, which called for a single entity to govern the United States' environmental policy [EPA].

The EPA inherited environmental charges that had been arbitrarily assigned to other governmental departments. The Department of Health, Education and Welfare no longer monitored air pollution, water hygiene and waste management; the Department of the Interior no longer had responsibility for federal water quality and pesticide research. Misplaced environmental programs were finally unified under a single agency.

With the reassignment of environmental programs and the formation of a comprehensive agency to deal with them, the U.S. was well on its way to effective environmental policy. In the next section, we'll learn about some well-known EPA programs

#451118 - 09/03/08 12:56 AM Re: McCain Picks Governer Palin from Alaska? [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
I'm curious what the pro-Palin crowd's definition of "Taking on Big Oil" is. I've done some research and it seems that term is really stretching things.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |