Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#477990 - 01/06/09 07:31 PM changing hooks on kwikfish k9 extreme
Bent Rod Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: snohomish
Has anybody changed out the treble hooks on the kwikfish k9x extreme for single siwash?? Do you put it on the belly like a wiggle wart or off the tail like a tadpolly???Thank you Rod

#477999 - 01/06/09 08:13 PM Re: changing hooks on kwikfish k9 extreme [Re: Bent Rod]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
I usually hook em on the tail, but haven't tried it on the K9's, only K11. I would worry a bit about killing the action on the smaller plug with the extra weight/resistance on the tail. Unconfirmed theory on that one. K11's still run pretty nice with a short bead chain.

The Rvrfshr sickle siwash work really well in this application. I switched all of my single hook plugs to the sickles and won't use another siwash on a plug if I can help it. Now if they only made bigger sizes for the larger quickies, ahem, Todd. Had to use Matzuo's for the big dudes.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#478044 - 01/06/09 11:28 PM Re: changing hooks on kwikfish k9 extreme [Re: ColeyG]
RognSue Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: edmonds
Check out the VMC Sure set treble for the rear w/ no belly hook...

#478081 - 01/07/09 02:53 AM Re: changing hooks on kwikfish k9 extreme [Re: RognSue]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: RognSue
Check out the VMC Sure set treble for the rear w/ no belly hook...

Like Nancy Reagan urged, "Just say no"..... to trebles.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#478128 - 01/07/09 12:35 PM Re: changing hooks on kwikfish k9 extreme [Re: eyeFISH]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
I run some K11's and put one owner treble on the ass end for brats.I've never run a K9.But when going after nates I'll use a tadpolly with single barbless off the ass end.The only steelhead plug I run that has a hook to the belly is hot shots in 40's & 30's.Looks like you'll be testing that K9 out in the bath tub or you local street curb & gutter.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#478164 - 01/07/09 02:33 PM Re: changing hooks on kwikfish k9 extreme [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
I tend to use a U-20. My go to setup has been tandem, size 2, single point barbless hooks.

I'm running this right through the block at the head to allow the plug to waggle and search from side to side. I'm fishing the top end of tidewater here. When I'm fishing on a big ebb tide the adjustment is more towards a wobble to fish certain lanes.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |