THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#491027 - 02/26/09 11:45 AM Obama gun ban process is starting.
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Holder on weapons

Screw Mexico. I say we keep our guns and they keep their people in Mexico. Fair trade by me.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#491028 - 02/26/09 11:53 AM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Dogfish]
dewbie Offline
Spawner

we could use our guns to keep people in mexico grin

#491029 - 02/26/09 11:56 AM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: dewbie]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Good call!

#491036 - 02/26/09 12:32 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Shoot, shovel, shut-up.

#491039 - 02/26/09 12:36 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: ]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
I still dont get that one Aunty. When we were kids twenty five years ago we snuck into a lake owned be this rancher. We heard there were large trout in there and being little ____'s we decided to check it out. Of course the rancher was a little smarter than us and used a drainage ditch to sneek up on hte sneekers. He held our three little twelve year old butts for 45 min at gun point until the sheriff arrived. We found out how much he did not like people fishing his pond or kids in general I think. My parents went ahead and whooped my butt for it. One of my little gang got in no trouble and his parents were outraged at his treatment by this rancher and wanted to press charges on him. The sheriff told them they were lucky he did not shoot us as he could have and that was that.
I guess the law changes or that sheriff had a different spin on it.

#491051 - 02/26/09 01:10 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: docspud]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
So how is Holder going to get the Mexican drug cartells to turn over their weapons since he used that as an example as to why enacted a law banning some weapons.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#491057 - 02/26/09 01:26 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Pisco Sicko Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Twisp WA
JG, he didn't say anything about taking guns away, that the cartels already have in their hands.(Good luck to the Mexican police and federales.) He thinks this will make it tougher for them to get any new ones.

#491058 - 02/26/09 01:29 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Pisco Sicko]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

When they can get used full auto AK's on the black market in any African country for $100, why spend $1,000+ for a semi-auto equivalent in the US.

#491063 - 02/26/09 01:41 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Dogfish]
Pisco Sicko Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Twisp WA
Is that their source for weaponry? I can see how price counts, but somehow they have to get it home. I don't know how much experience they have with that transit.

#491066 - 02/26/09 01:46 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Dogfish]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
When they can get used full auto AK's on the black market in any African country for $100, why spend $1,000+ for a semi-auto equivalent in the US.

You're missing the point - with assault weapons being illegal, Blackwater would be out of business wink stir

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#491069 - 02/26/09 01:51 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Mikespike]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I wish I would have had enough money to open a gun shop on November 5th...I'd have filled it up with every gun that looks like something the security detail from some petty dictator would carry, then put a 20 ft. by 30 ft. sign outside reading "BE SCARED, BE VERY SCARED!!".

I could have retired by now.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. It's been three months since the election, one month since Obama took over the reigns, and no one has come to my door asking for my guns yet...

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#491074 - 02/26/09 01:54 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Dogfish]
elk Offline
Parr

Loc: SW WA
What a lame ass load of crap reason for shredding the 2nd Amendment! And that's what this is, a continuation of assault on civil liberties and a shredding of constitutionally guaranteed rights. Not "granted" rights, guaranteed rights.

We went through this crap with Clinton. It was wrong then & it's wrong now. The last "ban" did not reduce crime. Nope...sure didn't.

Damn.

#491116 - 02/26/09 03:31 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Pisco Sicko]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Originally Posted By: Pisco Sicko
Is that their source for weaponry? I can see how price counts, but somehow they have to get it home. I don't know how much experience they have with that transit.

If they can ship drugs like they do and get a majority of their shipments through, how hard would it be to get arrms through another route? They would rather have more effective weapons than just the watered down version. I sure would. They have the money as well. Yes, a good amount of their weaponry comes from black market sources from outside of the US, like South America & Africa.

NEW full auto weapons are not available for sale to the general public in the U.S. In certain states, Class 3 weapons (full auto), can be owned by citizens if they pass background checks and pay the appropriate tax stamps. A gun like a MAC-10 is about $3,000. UZI's $5-7,000, MP-5s go for $20-25,000, AK's $8-15,000 depnding on style, M-16's go for $20-25,000. All of which had to be manufactured prior to a specific date, I believe 1984. Washingtonians are allowed to own these, provided they owned them prior to July 1st, 1994. A few other exceptions would also apply, but you would either have to be an armorer, Class 3 dealer, or manufacturer, essentially. This is a broad generalization, but it gets you close. We had our Federal Firearm's Licenses for about 9 years before we let them expire and close up shop.

So, spend $3-25,000 for a full auto version here, or $100 there. Plus they would have to go through a BATFE transfer process to buy the full auto gun from the lawful owner. Using that math, it becomes obvious where they get their full auto weapons, which is outside of the US. Feel good legislation.

Unfortunately for me, I lost all of my guns in a boating accident.

#491125 - 02/26/09 04:03 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Dogfish]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
This dosent seem right. Americans have their 2nd amendment rights infringed on because things are bad in Mexico? Last time I checked they were two seperate countries with seperate leaders and laws.

j7 2012

#491126 - 02/26/09 04:03 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Dogfish]
Castingpearls Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Rock
That is unfortunate Dogfish. Sorry to hear it.

#491154 - 02/26/09 05:46 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Dogfish]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Dogfish

Unfortunately for me, I lost all of my guns in a boating accident.

Same damn thing happened to me......

- Albert Einstein.

#491201 - 02/26/09 09:02 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Sol Duc]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

WE aught to just start packing, right out in the open, 24/7. There is strength in numbers...

#491212 - 02/26/09 09:26 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Oregonian]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I think the fearful among us should just go out and buy 35 or 40 guns this week...it will insure that you'll have your necessary weapons for Armageddon, and it will also stimulate the economy...perfect solution.

Several hours more after my first post on this thread...no one's been at my door looking to take any of my guns.

I guess I'm just lucky...apparently they're after all the rest of your's.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#491217 - 02/26/09 09:30 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: Oregonian]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Damn I can't get a new assault rifle for the Fall 09 Hunt!

#491252 - 02/26/09 11:17 PM Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Damn, has it been two weeks already?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |